2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Besides the obvious guys we all want this team to draft. Are there any late round guys you want us to bring in that you think can be key contributors. 

I'd love for us to go OL in the mid rounds. Guys I like are...

IOL: Lindstrom, West, Parham

OT: Faalele, Smith and Walker

RB I'd like a better piece than Coleman back there as depth to carter long term so I like Robinson, Spiller, Price and White

WR I'll throw in here even though I think we address it early.

Pierce, Ross, Roberson, Drummond are guys I like in those mid rounds. 

Love the LB class in the mid rounds as well so I'd like guys like...

Tindall, Chenal, Anderson, Clark, Jackson

At S I like Smoke Monday in those mid rounds the best.

I'll leave out DE bc I imagine we draft one at 4 or 10.

At CB I like Bryant, Jobe and Evans in those mid rounds

And DT I like Peevy, Hinton and Uwazurike

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Seattle would prefer two 2nds vs a single FRP. That’s how they tend to operate. That being said I don’t see Joe giving up 10 for a receiver.

That is true but could it be because they were trying to win now vs their current status of rebuilding?  JD does hoard FRP's like a squirrel hoards nuts but he obviously wants a top WR.  He may not like any of the WR's at 10 or if he does he may just want an established star.  I think he will try to hang onto 10 but if that what it takes, I think he will relinquish.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Besides the obvious guys we all want this team to draft. Are there any late round guys you want us to bring in that you think can be key contributors. 

I think Bailey Zappe would be a steal in the 6th, 7th round. I like his story and how he just wants to play and will do anything to be great. I know we have Wilson but I have been a firm believer what the old GM from the Packers (Wolf) said. You should always draft a QB late. If Zappe proves to be a starter then you can go with him if Wilson false or trade him for some draft capital. He might be a good backup QB that we will need a year or 2 down the road too.

The other guy I like is Justyn Ross. I don't know where he would fall but if you can get him in the 6th round I love his size at 6' 4" and 210 pounds. He can be the big WR we need. 

With all the WR talk, I'd be really happy if we came away with Metcalf, Samuel, Brown, G.Wilson, J.Williams, D.London, Watson, and G.Pickens (If JD trusts him). DK is my #1, but Williams & Wilson feel like the potential instant impact guys once when they hit the field out of this draft class. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

@Bobby816 how you feel about righting the wrong of passing on Dalvin Cook and drafting his brother.

I mean he’s not as good of a prospect as Dalvin was.

I was screaming for Cook as some can remember. That being said… we never built the OL so he wouldn’t ever have been good with us until last year.

I also don’t want us to spend a quality pick on RB. Maybe James can be had late… but I like Carter. I just would like a younger option than Coleman as the change of pace guy. So I hope we do get a bigger bodied RB in that 4-5th round range.

I feel like we would pass on Kayvon. 

On the new

, DJ on Thibodeaux: "I asked a PAC 12 coach if he gameplanned for KT & he said no. Told his guys get your hands on him early & he'll give up. Impact never matched ability."

, "A flasher who gives you dominant moments but not dominant play."

DOesn't seem like he would be a Saleh kind of player. 

59 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I feel like we would pass on Kayvon. 

On the new

, DJ on Thibodeaux: "I asked a PAC 12 coach if he gameplanned for KT & he said no. Told his guys get your hands on him early & he'll give up. Impact never matched ability."

, "A flasher who gives you dominant moments but not dominant play."

DOesn't seem like he would be a Saleh kind of player. 

His play says otherwise.