2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Saying you don't want to trade 10 for DK and paying him is the equivalent to saying you'd rather draft Karlaftis at 10 (sub in any DE we could get at 10 that's realistic so not Hutchinson or Kayvon) than trade for a guy like Joey Bosa.

I feel like some of you just can't grasp how small the chances are that a WR we could draft at 10 ever being DK good.

Same as how small the chances are that a DE we could get at 10 ever being Joey Bosa good. 

Is DK on the same level as Joey though!? For me I would love to trade for DK but that 10th overall is too rich. 

How could Miami and LV get a more established receiver for much less?! Doesn’t make sense and that’s why I don’t think for one second JD is willing to give up #10. 

Also in regards to Cooks. I’d take him but it would have to be similar to the Amari deal. Late round pick at best. 

9 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Is DK on the same level as Joey though!? For me I would love to trade for DK but that 10th overall is too rich. 

How could Miami and LV get a more established receiver for much less?! Doesn’t make sense and that’s why I don’t think for one second JD is willing to give up #10. 

Also in regards to Cooks. I’d take him but it would have to be similar to the Amari deal. Late round pick at best. 

I grade DK at WR better than I do Joey Bosa at DE. Nick Bosa is a different story (maybe that's who you're thinking). I mean DK was 4th in the NFL last year in TDs with Geno Smith at QB for 4 of those games. He also pretty much put up a 1k season as well (970yds).

I just threw the name Joey Bosa out bc he's about the same age and has a good career, but hasn't reached elite yet.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Saying you don't want to trade 10 for DK and paying him is the equivalent to saying you'd rather draft Karlaftis at 10 (sub in any DE we could get at 10 that's realistic so not Hutchinson or Kayvon) than trade for a guy like Joey Bosa.

I feel like some of you just can't grasp how small the chances are that a WR we could draft at 10 ever being DK good.

Same as how small the chances are that a DE we could get at 10 ever being Joey Bosa good. 

Cooks had more yards receiving than Metcalf did last year. He’s one of the most consistent receivers in the league actually.

Metcalf getting overrated on here, what else is new 

edit: replied to the wrong post 

Edited by GangGreen420

16 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Cooks had more yards receiving than Metcalf did last year. He’s one of the most consistent receivers in the league actually.

Metcalf getting overrated on here, what else is new 

edit: replied to the wrong post 

I wouldn't trade a valuable pick for Cooks bc of his age and injuries.

I'd welcome him, but not for the 2nd round price tag that's rumored.

DK is 4+yrs younger than Cooks. That has to be brought up every time we talk about DK. He's just 24 and is actually 24 for pretty much this whole next season. Heck Jermaine Johnson who isn't even in the NFL yet is nearly 24. He's pretty much the exact same age as Q. Who was one of the youngest guys ever drafted (if I remember correctly).

A guy like DK isn't even is his prime yet. It shouldn't be an issue at all to consider paying him and think he's worth that money. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

By this logic we should trade every draft pick for proven players.

4 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

I see no lack of versatility in London's game. He can play big in the slot, he can move outside. Show me Williams out muscle a guy and I'll consider it. If CJ and Conklin can come in and play that big man/security blanket role for Zach then sure lets copy Miami and go full speed on the outside. 

He runs by them all, the best receivers in the league all do it. London is good, Jameson is better thats all. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

By this logic we should trade every draft pick for proven players.

Obviously a team can't afford that though. But we can this year afford draft picks and cap. But yes in general trading a pick for a proven great talent is WAY more successful. It's just that you can't pay everyone. But we literally have no one that's worth paying big in the next couple years.