2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Saleh- “Joe and I are gonna bare knuckle fight for OL or DL at 4” 

Jets fans “Sauce at 4!!!!!!”

You know me and how crucial I think OL is. So it's hard for to say I don't want Ikem or Neal at 4. But where are they playing? We benching Becton and saying he's a failure already? We benching a vet in Fant who was above average last year in this scheme? We trading Fant? We putting a guy drafted at 4 on the bench?

Good teams don't draft backups top 10.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You know me and how crucial I think OL is. So it's hard for to say I don't want Ikem or Neal at 4. But where are they playing? We benching Becton and saying he's a failure already? We benching a vet in Fant who was above average last year in this scheme? We trading Fant? We putting a guy drafted at 4 on the bench?

You are correct. That is why you take the best elite prospect on the board and that person will bump out the starter on a team that had one of the worse D in Jets history along with one of the worse O in Jets history. 

Gardener is elite, Hutch is close to elite, KT I think is closer to elite than Hutch and Linderbaum is elite. The rest of the guys are just simple good prospects. This is what I see. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I can see a trade coming if they draft one of them. Same way I can see McGovern getting dealt if we get Linderbaum. Fant/McGovern are also in the last years of their deals. 

All that being said unless our top 3 EDGE rushers go 1-2-3 I am 99% sure we go EDGE at 4 or trade back if we don’t like how the board fell.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I can see a trade coming if they draft one of them. Same way I can see McGovern getting dealt if we get Linderbaum. Fant/McGovern are also in the last years of their deals. 

All that being said unless our top 3 EDGE rushers go 1-2-3 I am 99% sure we go EDGE at 4 or trade back if we don’t like how the board fell.

To go a step further… Fant was good last year. But he wasn’t great. In fact Moses was better than him watching games. For me he’s not untradable if we draft Ikem or Neal. I’d say why not just let the 2 best of the 3 play. And some might say why are your thoughts on drafting an OT at 4 and moving Fant perhaps different than that of drafting Sauce and letting the best man play between him and Hall. Big difference here is that Fant is going to be 30 this year and is in the last year of his deal. And up until last year was average. Hall is progressing and is 24 and only in his 3rd year of his 4yr rookie deal. Big difference. 

26 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Not a fan of Drake London not running a 40 at his personal pro day.  If you are gonna do everything else, why not run, looks worse by hiding it instead of just running a pedestrian time

Does say something. Whether it’s he wasn’t going to run a good time, has concerns if he was healthy enough to put up his best time, etc…not the end of the world but something where you at least would like to know why he opted against running. 

4 hours ago, Abe56 said:

Not a fan of Drake London not running a 40 at his personal pro day.  If you are gonna do everything else, why not run, looks worse by hiding it instead of just running a pedestrian time

Ya there are reports that he might struggle to get separation. I think he will drop. He probably goes from outside the top 10 to probably top 20 now. 

On 4/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, Bobby816 said:

Seems like more and more mocks as the draft gets closer have us trading back. 

I have to say Bobby, my hope is that the draft capitol for the 4th pick in the draft is too good to pass up for the Jets, in fact my hope is they move down at 4 and 10 if the value is there. Passing on Sauce to pick up 3 more picks and still draft a Stingly would be okay, or passing on a DE to draft Karaloftis later would be okay too. So if we could land some future picks and come away with a Stingley and K man and picks is something I could live with. 

1 hour ago, Big T said:

I have to say Bobby, my hope is that the draft capitol for the 4th pick in the draft is too good to pass up for the Jets, in fact my hope is they move down at 4 and 10 if the value is there. Passing on Sauce to pick up 3 more picks and still draft a Stingly would be okay, or passing on a DE to draft Karaloftis later would be okay too. So if we could land some future picks and come away with a Stingley and K man and picks is something I could live with. 

Sounds good in theory. But easier said than done. And having more than 2 1st rounders can be hard for teams. For starters agreeing to terms with them with big signing bonuses. 2nd they’ll all have 5th year options at the same time. Which is a big salary. Furthermore if they’re all good… you have to give all 3 of them big contracts. And can only tag 1.

Keep in mind that this will all be right after maybe having to just pay Wilson, AVT, Moore, Becton, etc. If they all pan out.

This isn’t something we as Jets fans are used to bc we draft awful. But when you start drafting good. These are things you have to think about.

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sounds good in theory. But easier said than done. And having more than 2 1st rounders can be hard for teams. For starters agreeing to terms with them with big signing bonuses. 2nd they’ll all have 5th year options at the same time. Which is a big salary. Furthermore if they’re all good… you have to give all 3 of them big contracts. And can only tag 1.

Keep in mind that this will all be right after maybe having to just pay Wilson, AVT, Moore, Becton, etc. If they all pan out.

This isn’t something we as Jets fans are used to bc we draft awful. But when you start drafting good. These are things you have to think about.

I brought that up a month ago and everyone downplayed that. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I brought that up a month ago and everyone downplayed that. 

I mean if all these picks pan out that’s a great problem to have. But fact is is that it’d be hard to pay all of Becton, Hall, Wilson, AVT, Moore, Carter and our top 4 picks this year in the next 3-5 years

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean if all these picks pan out that’s a great problem to have. But fact is is that it’d be hard to pay all of Becton, Hall, Wilson, AVT, Moore, Carter and our top 4 picks this year in the next 3-5 years

Like I have said for ages….the days when we are struggling to sign all our home grown players after their rookie deals because we have so much talent is something I can live with!!! 

• Like 1