2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean if all these picks pan out that’s a great problem to have. But fact is is that it’d be hard to pay all of Becton, Hall, Wilson, AVT, Moore, Carter and our top 4 picks this year in the next 3-5 years

We can worry about that when the time comes.

• Like 1

Can careless about London not running. Let’s be real if he’s still recovering from his ankle he gains nothing by running. Let’s say he’s a 4.6 guy when healthy. He runs just to run when he’s not 100% and runs a 4.75, he’ll fall in the draft. At his size a 4.6 isn’t bad at all. He wins balls in the air. So speed isn’t his game. He has 4+ months to get that ankle healthy. 

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Can careless about London not running. Let’s be real if he’s still recovering from his ankle he gains nothing by running. Let’s say he’s a 4.6 guy when healthy. He runs just to run when he’s not 100% and runs a 4.75, he’ll fall in the draft. At his size a 4.6 isn’t bad at all. He wins balls in the air. So speed isn’t his game. He has 4+ months to get that ankle healthy. 

He says he was not ready for it by not having the training. I for one think he will struggle bad with separation. I have him as a Benjamin, Mathews type guy that has great size but can't separate and can't play TE. I'm really hoping we avoid him at all cost. I don't think I would even use one of the top second round picks on him. 

39 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

He says he was not ready for it by not having the training. I for one think he will struggle bad with separation. I have him as a Benjamin, Mathews type guy that has great size but can't separate and can't play TE. I'm really hoping we avoid him at all cost. I don't think I would even use one of the top second round picks on him. 

I’d much rather Williams or Wilson, but won’t hate if we draft him. He doesn’t get good separation but he makes contested catches. He’s also incredible after the catch. Nearly never does 1 guy bring him down. NFL CBs and Ss will struggle tackling him 1 on 1. The system strives on YAC and he gets that. While it be in a totally different way than a guy like Moore… he still gets YAC.

52 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d much rather Williams or Wilson, but won’t hate if we draft him. He doesn’t get good separation but he makes contested catches. He’s also incredible after the catch. Nearly never does 1 guy bring him down. NFL CBs and Ss will struggle tackling him 1 on 1. The system strives on YAC and he gets that. While it be in a totally different way than a guy like Moore… he still gets YAC.

Burks can make contested catches and is great with YAC.  With how the board may unfold we might have to entertain that trade back with NO or someone.

I’m really hoping that if Douglas passes on Jameson it isn’t because of his ACL injury, like please let it be for something other than that because if Williams checks every box but he decides to pass because of the injury I’d be pissed. It’s how we ended up with Darron Lee over Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m really hoping that if Douglas passes on Jameson it isn’t because of his ACL injury, like please let it be for something other than that because if Williams checks every box but he decides to pass because of the injury I’d be pissed. It’s how we ended up with Darron Lee over Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack.

I could see us doing that again. Mainly bc we’re consistently a top injured team in the league. So to sell the fan base on a guy that tore his ACL and won’t make a full recovery until season beginning…. Might be hard. Me and you and some others know otherwise that he’s way ahead of schedule in his recovery and is the top WR hands down if he wasn’t injured. But not sure JD takes a shot there at 10. I’m more nervous he doesn’t take a WR at all at 4 or 10 and we’re forced to take a guy that doesn’t excite anyone in Round 2. I see Watson sneaking into the Late 1st more and more lately… and he’s pretty much the only guy I’d be happy with is that 2nd round range for us.

If we pick someone over Williams, they better be better than Williams. Imagine passing up on a star WR because they were going to miss some games in their rookie year. There aren't a lot of WRs who have repeatedly tore their ACLs. Odell did it, but apparently, the recent tear helps him because the last operation wasn't good and was slowing him down. Now they can repair it correctly. Foot injuries worry me more. 

I just saw the best Jets mock and not too far fetched. 

4. Thibs

10. Trade with Phi. getting 15, 51 and a 2023 TRP

15. London

35.  Dax Hill

38.  Travis Jones

51. Muma

69.  Dylan Parham (iOL)

111. Ruckert

117 Kyren Williams (I forgot about him)

163  Cordale Flott  (DB)

I’d rather any other WR instead of London but the rest is awesome  

• Like 1

Im not worried about Williams knee if they take him, they have pretty much perfected the acl repair surgery and report is he’ll be good to go by training camp

I would be annoyed because I think Wilson is better, but could still easily get behind Williams

21 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Im not worried about Williams knee if they take him, they have pretty much perfected the acl repair surgery and report is he’ll be good to go by training camp

I would be annoyed because I think Wilson is better, but could still easily get behind Williams

What makes you rank Wilson over Williams?

23 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What makes you rank Wilson over Williams?

More versatile and the two best attributes I look for in a modern WR prospect are route running and separation and I just think Wilson does that better than any body else in the class.

I will admit, I think Williams has the best ability to take the top off a defense in the class and thats also great but on a down to down basis I just think Wilson is more effective.

Real good follow on twitter is reception perception, made some charts on all the top wrs in the class

Can see how many more routes Wilson wins on than Williams

97dafafe-0753-440d-9a3e-50e5da407238.jped6c61beb-e0ce-47aa-b5bd-d3496e939c99.jpe

5 hours ago, Abe56 said:

More versatile and the two best attributes I look for in a modern WR prospect are route running and separation and I just think Wilson does that better than any body else in the class.

I will admit, I think Williams has the best ability to take the top off a defense in the class and thats also great but on a down to down basis I just think Wilson is more effective.

Real good follow on twitter is reception perception, made some charts on all the top wrs in the class

Can see how many more routes Wilson wins on than Williams

97dafafe-0753-440d-9a3e-50e5da407238.jped6c61beb-e0ce-47aa-b5bd-d3496e939c99.jpe

So my thoughts are this though… we have Moore who has a playing style like Wilson. You don’t want 2-3 WRs that all do the same thing. Williams offers something Moore doesn’t and can great at. So you grab him and now you have 2 young WRs that can do great things and in different ways. Not 2 young WRs that do the same thing. Now don’t mistake this for me saying I don’t want Wilson. I’d be very happy if we drafted him. I just prefer Williams.

12 hours ago, xrade said:

I just saw the best Jets mock and not too far fetched. 

4. Thibs

10. Trade with Phi. getting 15, 51 and a 2023 TRP

15. London

35.  Dax Hill

38.  Travis Jones

51. Muma

69.  Dylan Parham (iOL)

111. Ruckert

117 Kyren Williams (I forgot about him)

163  Cordale Flott  (DB)

I’d rather any other WR instead of London but the rest is awesome  

Gross. I hate that trade down and end up with a WR that can't separate and is in the Mathews, Benjamin mode where he now can't get open so you move him to TE and most WR turning to TE are terrible. If you are moving down 5 spots I want something more than a 51 pick ans some other BS pick. I would rather stay at 10 and get a real WR. I'm also not a fan of Jones or Hill with those two high second round picks. Your going to have some great guys fall in the second round. I for one see a good Edge falling or OL guy falling. I see Penning falling which would be a great pick. I see the George K falling with all the edge guys going fast. Dean, Llyod and Muma for LB would be a good get and one if those guys will be there. Heck I think a Oliva might fall into the secoind round too.