Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Defenses played well at times to be sure. But some of the playcalling was just really inefficient. And odd. 

Agreed. Really thought Cincy should have run more. They haven’t pass blocked well all year and the run game was doing well. Why they gave the ball to Perine on the 3rd and 1 was a head scratcher. 

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I didn't see Staffords two interceptions..  but I guess all the negatives and bad plays of the game go away if you WIN

I haven’t any idea what Stafford seen on his first pick. He waved WR deep,  threw for corner of endzone. It never stood a chance of being completed. Second one wasn’t on him. Kupp gifted it to Chido. 

On 2/14/2022 at 5:48 PM, D82 said:

He had to do that or Von Bell would have picked it. The right defense was called. That’s next level stuff you just don’t see average(or above average) QBs do. That’s a pick, incompletion, or a coverage sack for 90% of the teams in this league. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, WizardHawk said:

Agreed. Really thought Cincy should have run more. They haven’t pass blocked well all year and the run game was doing well. Why they gave the ball to Perine on the 3rd and 1 was a head scratcher. 

I haven’t any idea what Stafford seen on his first pick. He waved WR deep,  threw for corner of endzone. It never stood a chance of being completed. Second one wasn’t on him. Kupp gifted it to Chido. 

thanks for the update. But here the BUCK stops at the QB, no excuses allowed. 

On 2/17/2022 at 8:38 AM, DaBoys said:

He had to do that or Von Bell would have picked it. The right defense was called. That’s next level stuff you just don’t see average(or above average) QBs do. That’s a pick, incompletion, or a coverage sack for 90% of the teams in this league. 

and for him 90% of the time.  Be real he just got away with a bad play it happens a lot. We see a ton of bad plays from QB's that work.. the falling to the ground just toss it out there toward a receiver.  Sure it looks cool and props to him, it worked so give him credit for executing it, but l am not ready to put that into next level until I see him do it 2-3 times a game all with out anything bad happening. 

3 hours ago, quiller said:

and for him 90% of the time.  Be real he just got away with a bad play it happens a lot. We see a ton of bad plays from QB's that work.. the falling to the ground just toss it out there toward a receiver.  Sure it looks cool and props to him, it worked so give him credit for executing it, but l am not ready to put that into next level until I see him do it 2-3 times a game all with out anything bad happening. 

The man just won the SB and had an AMAZING play on the games final drive when it mattered most. It wasn’t an accident. He didn’t “get away with one.”

Reading some of you explain away Daks flutter balls, and bad throws, then downplaying a Matt Stafford throw after he won the SB is somehow both infuriating and hilarious. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 8:23 PM, DaBoys said:

The man just won the SB and had an AMAZING play on the games final drive when it mattered most. It wasn’t an accident. He didn’t “get away with one.”

Reading some of you explain away Daks flutter balls, and bad throws, then downplaying a Matt Stafford throw after he won the SB is somehow both infuriating and hilarious. 

I mean, it’s not like Stafford is really known for doing this stuff. That throw was incredible, but not really a microcosm of Stafford’s game. He also literally missed a wide open receiver in the back of the end zone with an absolutely terrible pass that should have been good enough to win the game. Fortunately for him his team got bailed out by the officiating crew over and over again until they finally punched the ball in for six (wish Dak could have that luxury… ever). 
I like Stafford, but his game shouldn’t be evaluated simply on one throw. 

12 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean, it’s not like Stafford is really known for doing this stuff. That throw was incredible, but not really a microcosm of Stafford’s game. He also literally missed a wide open receiver in the back of the end zone with an absolutely terrible pass that should have been good enough to win the game. Fortunately for him his team got bailed out by the officiating crew over and over again until they finally punched the ball in for six (wish Dak could have that luxury… ever). 
I like Stafford, but his game shouldn’t be evaluated simply on one throw. 

You’re just talking out your rear end. Lots of typing and for what? Not a single bit of sense in this post. If you never watched the Lions over the last 12 years just say that.

Matt Stafford has ALWAYS been known for insane throwing angles, and has generally been known to have one of the best arms of his generation. Or is it the absolutely mind blowing clutch no look pass that you are saying he isn’t known for?

Or was it this one:

stafford-no.gif

or this one:

8b4462aa063940c095d45701c455ed91

or wait was it this one?

matthew-stafford-no-look.jpg?quality=80&

this?

staffordsling.gif

There are just so many examples of plays he never makes that I’m not sure which one you’re talking about.

12 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Fortunately for him his team got bailed out by the officiating crew over and over again until they finally punched the ball in for six

2BEtVe_0eDZZAzi00?limit=20&type=thumbnai

image.php?type=thumbnail_580x000&url=1OH

13 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

(wish Dak could have that luxury… ever). 

😂 What a cliche line to end one of your worst posts on this forum. Dak doesn’t lose because the refs cheat him or don’t help him like they do all the bad QBs. Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds? Maybe the refs could bail Dak out more if he would give them the damn ball after the play instead of trying to spot the ball himself? 🤷‍♂️ 

93a14081921fd07b757279a13fa3cca589054d2a

13 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I like Stafford, but his game shouldn’t be evaluated because it hurts me to see other QBs doing well

^^^^^This should have been your entire post. This sums up how you truly feel. Everything before it and after it is thoughtless fluff.

• Like 1