Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Maybe a team wants Eric Gordon and would give up a late lotto?

I doubt that happens.  I don't think it happens.  I think at this point, just about every team is exploring deals to move up in the draft.  Rockets really don't have anything to offer.

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He really is the only thing we have. Unless we are taking on a bad contract and sending out anderson 

what worse contract is there than Anderson's that they could take on that that would be worth the swap and a lotto pick?

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If there's any truth that Kawhi is going to tell teams that he'll sign long term only with a Los Angeles team, I don't know how Bamba isn't the only answer.

Which would cost more? In a vacuum Kawhi is the most valuable. But with his injury history, his expiring contract, and the situation where he is forcing his way out it lowers his value. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Which would cost more? In a vacuum Kawhi is the most valuable. But with his injury history, his expiring contract, and the situation where he is forcing his way out it lowers his value. 

In a vacuum?  Kawhi.  But the problem is we're not in a vacuum.  Kawhi is coming off a major injury, his contract is set to expire, and has pretty much said the only teams he'll sign long-term with is one of the Los Angeles teams.  Bamba clearly is the inferior player, but you're getting him for at a bare minimum 5 years and doesn't come with injury concerns.  I'd argue that Bamba costs more than Kawhi given all of those.

This Kawhi situation is wild. Who would have ever pegged him as such a diva? LA might as well wait on Lebron, if he comes over then you move assets to get Kawhi now, otherwise just wait until he hits FA next season and comes over.

I will never understand players' fascination with LA or NY in a capped league.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This Kawhi situation is wild. Who would have ever pegged him as such a diva? LA might as well wait on Lebron, if he comes over then you move assets to get Kawhi now, otherwise just wait until he hits FA next season and comes over.

look at what the ny market did with jeremy lin. do you think that would have happened in milwaukee

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

look at what the ny market did with jeremy lin. do you think that would have happened in milwaukee

I agree that playing under the spotlight has benefits, but what exactly are those benefits for already nationally relevant players that receive the max? That already have signed their shoe contracts?

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Diva?  He was dragged through the mud by his own teammates.  At best, that's a rough locker room to walk back to.  I mean, all it had to do was his teammates keep his mouth shut, and this wasn't an issue.  I have to say, I'm with Kawhi on this one regardless of his demand to be traded.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Diva?  He was dragged through the mud by his own teammates.  At best, that's a rough locker room to walk back to.  I mean, all it had to do was his teammates keep his mouth shut, and this wasn't an issue.  I have to say, I'm with Kawhi on this one regardless of his demand to be traded.

Alternatively, he completely turned his back on his own teammates. We still don't know the details of the situation, and maybe we never will. If the doctors on your team cleared your central player, but he refused to play, how are you suppose to interpret that? However, if that is how it went down, I wouldn't blame Kawhi for being mad either, since you obviously want your teammates to trust you. Regardless, the diva comment is more about how he is now only willing to sign with 1 team, and for what I can only assume is because he wants the large spotlight that place provides (why else would it be LA? It's not like they've already acquired Lebron and PG). This completely screws SA in the process.

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

To save a **** ton of money.

I don't think Houston is in a cost-cutting mode just yet.  Maybe in a few years when CP3's new deal becomes an albatross.  Seriously, I can't even begin to say how much the Rockets are going to kick themselves if they hand him that 5 year extension.

Archived