Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

10 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Love gets so much hate for being next to LeBron. No he is not a top 10, 15, or even 25 player in the league but the guy has played in the finals 4 years in a row and been a big part of that. He may not be a top 2 option, but as far as 3rd options, he is well above average. With the contracts that have been dished out across the league I am not sure how you can look at his as a bad contract...

Well to be fair

16 teams are scheduled to pay the luxury tax this year and all of them regret that Summer of '15 (or '16, I forget)

So much that so many teams are offering picks to help dump these contracts.

So IDK if that's the best barometer, lol

any cap "experts" here? I know Utah has been one of the teams where Kevin Love would be an ideal fit with Gobert and Mitchell. For the upcoming season, they currently would be under the cap before they draft players, look to re-sign Favors, etc. Sitting around 89 Mil. Would they be able to execute a deal for Love where they took his 24mil and only traded out say Thabo, Burks, and draft picks? 

54 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

any cap "experts" here? I know Utah has been one of the teams where Kevin Love would be an ideal fit with Gobert and Mitchell. For the upcoming season, they currently would be under the cap before they draft players, look to re-sign Favors, etc. Sitting around 89 Mil. Would they be able to execute a deal for Love where they took his 24mil and only traded out say Thabo, Burks, and draft picks? 

Cap wise, depends on the hold of Favors/others but if they got Love why would they want to keep Favors unless it's on a cheap deal?  The big issue is would the #21 pick, Thabo, and Burks get the Cavs to make the deal?  They could probably get better offers for Love at the trade deadline, especially if LeBron leaves and Love becomes a bigger focus of the offense showing he's still a 20/10 guy, than a package like that.

If PG resigns with the Thunder, i wonder if we can get them to send up melo for Ryan Anderson and a 1st round pick. It will save them a ton of money in lux tax to be able to cut about 7 million in salary, and then next year they just have to flip his expiring deal. They are looking at a HUGE tax bill if PG resigns. Plus Ryan Anderson probably fits their team better than Melo. They could then use the stretch provision if they couldnt flip him and actually have a chance to get under the tax line in 2019. 

I guess it just depends on what PG does, how much they value Melo and how much they are willing to do in order to get the tax bill lowered. 

A max deal for PG with the current roster, will be a tax bill of between 40-50 million dollars. Thats a lot for a small market team. 

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Looking at rough numbers, yes.  But they'd have to waive the cap hold of Derrick Favors to do so.

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Yes they could do that trade of Thabo, Burks and #21 for Love, but they would have to give up bird rights to Favors, Exum and Neto to do so. Which means the most they would be able to offer any of those guys is the MLE. 

Alternately they could resign Favors or Exum, go over the cap and then trade Burks and pick #21 along with Thabo/Jerebko/Udoh who all have non guaranteed deals. They only need to get to within 5 million of Love's salary to make it work. 

so the trade can be worked out, but it doesnt make sense for the cavs unless they just want cap relief. 

2 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I'd love that, but I don't think Mil would do that straight up. Maybe take back Delly's contract, send Jr Smith who only has 3.8m guaranteed after 2019. I still think they would want to swap picks, or maybe even shed Snell's contract to do it. 

What?  That trade already heavily favors Milwaukee, and now you want Cleveland to take back an extra bad contract AND possibly trade down 9 spots in the draft?  How does that make sense?

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I am trying to decide whether the Celtics would be best served trading for Leonard or packaging picks to move up and grab Bamba

If there's any truth that Kawhi is going to tell teams that he'll sign long term only with a Los Angeles team, I don't know how Bamba isn't the only answer.

Archived