Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Celtics should just roll with the team they have. They are set up now and for the future. Work on getting Irving to sign long term. 

If I’m the Knicks, I would do what it took to get leonard and then sign Irving next off season, assuming it’s true that leonard like some New York. 

If I'm New York I'd try to move Lee and THJ at the all-star break for expiring contracts to playoff teams. I'd also look to attach an unprotected first round pick with Joakim Noah for an expiring contract to clear some more space. If they can create two max slots next summer they'll have a legitimate chance of signing Kyrie Irving and Kawhi Leonard. If they hit on their first round pick this year with someone like Wendell Carter Jr they'd have a nice core. 

PG - Irving

SG - Nklitina

SF - Leonard

PF - Porzingis 

C - Carter Jr

17 minutes ago, tom cody said:

If the Cavs do get Leonard he'd be a wonderful replacement for James. They play the same position I believe so I don't see the Cavs getting Leonard and keeping James. 

What?

How could LeBron and Kawhi not play together?

If the Cavs somehow do trade for Kawhi and keep Lebron, they would still be 2nd or 3rd in the East so there's no point for Lebron to stay. They both would be able to play together, but wouldn't make much sense for Lebron to do it. Maybe if they could swing in Boogie, but highly doubtful.

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

Cavs Get:
Leonard 
Parsons

Spurs Get:
Hill
Osman 
#4(Grizzlies)
#8(Cavs)

Grizzlies Get
Love
Nance Jr
#18 (Spurs)

If Spurs get 4 and 8, they need to take JR not Osman. 

19 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Yeah, I would think it would be #19 for #14, Faried, and something else. Just wondering what that something else is since Denver is hard set on getting under the luxury tax.

I still think Indiana is the logical trading partner.  Send Al Jefferson and his partially guaranteed contract to Denver along with the 23rd pick for Faried and the 14th pick.

20 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Yeah, I would think it would be #19 for #14, Faried, and something else. Just wondering what that something else is since Denver is hard set on getting under the luxury tax.

They don't need to make that move on draft night though. They have until the trade deadline to get under the tax and based on what management has said they are willing to go into the tax. I think they stay put at 14 if a guy they love is there. They got burned last year moving down and missing out on their target by one slot (OG) 

Apparently the Nuggets really want to get into the top 6 per woj 

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

If the Cavs somehow do trade for Kawhi and keep Lebron, they would still be 2nd or 3rd in the East so there's no point for Lebron to stay. They both would be able to play together, but wouldn't make much sense for Lebron to do it. Maybe if they could swing in Boogie, but highly doubtful.

If they get Kawhi, you can't count them against any team in the East, including the Celtics. Kawhi is that game changer type of guy. Also gives the Cavs their second shot creator from the perimeter which they desperately need.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

They don't need to make that move on draft night though. They have until the trade deadline to get under the tax and based on what management has said they are willing to go into the tax. I think they stay put at 14 if a guy they love is there. They got burned last year moving down and missing out on their target by one slot (OG) 

Apparently the Nuggets really want to get into the top 6 per woj 

They're not moving up in the draft AND cutting salary.  It's one or the other.  Maybe they get Memphis to bite on something around 4/Parsons.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're not moving up in the draft AND cutting salary.  It's one or the other.  Maybe they get Memphis to bite on something around 4/Parsons.

oh yeah, those were two different thoughts. definitely think it would be a steep price to move up. I'd assume they are targeting Doncic/Jackson but idk. Posted that bc Woj just said it on ESPN

Archived