Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

Chances the Lakers land Kawhi Leonard? Do you think a package of Ingram, Kuzma, Deng, and picks gets it done?

Word is the Spurs do not want to send him to LA because they both don't like their pieces and dont want to give him his preferred destination. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Word is the Spurs do not want to send him to LA because they both don't like their pieces and dont want to give him his preferred destination. 

Kawhi can kind of force himself to LA though if he says that he will refuse to sign an extension anywhere else. Teams likely aren't going to be willing to give up a ton of young assets to acquire Kawhi for a one year rental like what OKC did with Paul George.

1 minute ago, YoungJefe said:

Kawhi can kind of force himself to LA though if he says that he will refuse to sign an extension anywhere else. Teams likely aren't going to be willing to give up a ton of young assets to acquire Kawhi for a one year rental like what OKC did with Paul George.

Riddle me this, assuming those rumors I mentioned are true, and the Spurs don't like the LA assets, how would they top even a one year rental deal?

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Riddle me this, assuming those rumors I mentioned are true, and the Spurs don't like the LA assets, how would they top even a one year rental deal?

Where did you hear that they don't like any of the Lakers assets? For a deal to work there'd probably need to be a third team involved to take on Deng's contract. The only team that I think can outbid the Lakers is the Celtics, assuming they're willing to part ways with Brown, Rozier, and one of those first round picks next yeear.

49 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

Chances the Lakers land Kawhi Leonard? Do you think a package of Ingram, Kuzma, Deng, and picks gets it done?

Why would the Spurs take on the Deng deal even if they did trade with LAL? The Lakers have cap so the Spurs don't need matching salaries to come back.

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

what does Love do for Memphis? They'll be a 5th seed with no future.

Not saying its good for them, but Memphis seems to want to push forward instead of tanking

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I would love K Leonard, just don't see how financial Boston could work it out unless Kyrie was involved

If the package is built around Hayward then it'd work financially, otherwise they'll have to get a third team involved in order to make it work. 

Boston receives

Kawhi Leonard 

19th pick 

San Antonio receives

Dennis Schroder 

Jaylen Brown 

Memphis pick 2019

Atlanta receives

Marcus Morris

Terry Rozier 

Semi Ojeleye 

Guerschon Yabusele 

27th pick 

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

what does Love do for Memphis? They'll be a 5th seed with no future.

Not saying its good for them, but Memphis seems to want to push forward instead of tanking

Archived