Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

40 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

You cant tell a person how his body feels or how he feels. Players having ruin their careers listening to teams about injuries..

What you're saying is a fact, but many people don't understand that.  Let this guy sit in front a computer monitor with his fancy keyboard and tell someone else when they should play with an injury.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Many teams will not be willing to trade for Leonard knowing he will leave after one season.

Honestly, there's probably only 3 teams who might be willing to make a deal without some sort of understanding that he'll re-sign with them.  I really only see Boston, LA Lakers, and Philadelphia as those 3 teams who have notable assets to do so.  There's probably a handful of team who have good (but not great) assets that would make that gamble.  I'd be that the Clippers would be willing to deal their picks.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, there's probably only 3 teams who might be willing to make a deal without some sort of understanding that he'll re-sign with them.  I really only see Boston, LA Lakers, and Philadelphia as those 3 teams who have notable assets to do so.  There's probably a handful of team who have good (but not great) assets that would make that gamble.  I'd be that the Clippers would be willing to deal their picks.

Agreed.  Part of the reason the three teams listed would be willing to take the gamble is because they know there's at least a decent shot Leonard would want to re-sign with them, especially if coming off of a successful season.  If a team like the Clippers took that gamble and missed the postseason, the chances are probably lower Leonard would want to return.  

Maybe if Boston can work a deal for Leonard, they would trade for him without any guarantee he would re-sign.  They have so many assets that they can definitely afford the risk. 

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Agreed.  Part of the reason the three teams listed would be willing to take the gamble is because they know there's at least a decent shot Leonard would want to re-sign with them, especially if coming off of a successful season.  If a team like the Clippers took that gamble and missed the postseason, the chances are probably lower Leonard would want to return.  

Maybe if Boston can work a deal for Leonard, they would trade for him without any guarantee he would re-sign.  They have so many assets that they can definitely afford the risk. 

The problem for me if I'm Boston is that I've essentially got two notable assets, Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum, that the Spurs would probably demand as part of a Kawhi trade.  If you're Boston, do you deal either one of those without some sort of assurances from Kawhi that he's re-signing with them?  Probably not.  So you start looking at that second tier of assets (i.e. Kings '19 1st, Grizz '19 1st, Clippers '19 1st) and you've got a clear tier difference.  Not sure even that whole package of picks is overly enticing to the Spurs.  Same thing with the Sixers, are you willing to deal Markelle Fultz for Kawhi without any assurances that he'll re-sign?  This smells like the Paul George situation all over again.

11 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Are you my brother? He proposed this same trade offer to me earlier this morning.

giphy.gif

I've only skimmed through the last page and half so I must've missed it. In a vacuum seems like a solid deal for both sides. Maybe Memphis could get a better deal elsewhere, but you're basically swapping picks, and exchanging a useless $23 mill a year, for $23 mill that is available night in a night out and can get you 19/7 with above average efficiency. 

And just for the hell of it....

2drv0vk.png

- Memphis gets a win now player, who gives them some much needed perimeter scoring while ridding themselves of Parson's contract.

- Portland dumps Turner's contract, while freeing up their redundant backcourt and gets Dallas' 2019 pick (top 3 protected)

- Dallas gets an expensive 2nd top 5 pick in this class.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Ballmer's already teased as much.

Cleveland gets:

Chandler Parsons

Ian Mahinmi

Ben McLemore

2020 Protected 1st from Washington (top 20, top 15, 2nd) if Kevin Love opts-in/resigns with Washington.

Washington gets:

Kevin Love

Kyle Korver

Memphis gets:

JR Smith

Markieff Morris

Kelly Oubre Jr

Reasons:

Cavs take on big contracts/bad players with 2 years or less on them to be able to get the #4 pick to pair with the #8 pick and jump start their rebuilding in a deep draft.  Also the potential of another future 1st if the Wizards/Love decide to keep it going.

Washington needs to improve their front court drastically, Love would provide better rebounding and scoring from the front court.

Memphis gets to shed Parons's bad contract and the underperforming McLemore while bringing in three players that should be able to help them get back to the playoffs for less than what Parsons + McLemore would've cost them.  Also get the #15 pick to still get a young talent.

Kevin Love to Washington

Mahinmi/Satoransky/Smith/#15 to Cleveland

Washington gets Love who will fit with Beal/Wall/Porter nicely, while getting rid of Mahinmi's terrible remaining contract. Satoransky gives Cleveland a versatile player who can defend multiple positions and has range, and pick #15 that they may be able to use in a separate trade along expiring contracts to get another player back

46 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

what about #8 and KLove for Kawhi?

Probably have to add cedi. and the cavs would probably have to take back gasol or mills. Spurs should try and dump bad contracts. But this deal will be decided by kawhi. Can’t see anyone trading away the farm if they think he’ll leave. 

8 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Kevin Love to Washington

Mahinmi/Satoransky/Smith/#15 to Cleveland

Washington gets Love who will fit with Beal/Wall/Porter nicely, while getting rid of Mahinmi's terrible remaining contract. Satoransky gives Cleveland a versatile player who can defend multiple positions and has range, and pick #15 that they may be able to use in a separate trade along expiring contracts to get another player back

If it's straight Love to Washington I'd insist on Oubre + 15 if we are taking Mahinmi.  That's why I suggested the 3rd team with Memphis as all 3 teams get what they could use.  Except of course LeBron who gets told pretty much opt-in to take your $35 mil but be on a rebuilding team or opt out, save us the luxury bill and best of luck to you though if you find a good opt-in & trade team where we get the requisite assets, we'll help ya out.

Archived