Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

38 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

To me, the most likely scenario seems to be LeBron and Paul George ending up with the Lakers. Very, very hard for me to imagine Pop trading Kawhi to the Lakers but I also don't see Kawhi signing an extension with any team besides the Lakers so that might hurt Kawhi's trade value and I could see Pop having to accept the best offer coming from the Lakers if it beats all other offers (although I'm not exactly sure what assets the Lakers have that would compel Pop to accept an offer).

As a Sixers fan, I'm not entirely bothered by the idea of the Sixers missing out on all the big fish this offseason. It would certainly be disappointing. But understandable given all three players' attraction to LA and also the youth of the Sixers. Feels like Kawhi would be a great fit but why would the Sixers want to trade for him if there's no guarantee he'll sign an extension in Philadelphia? Same with Paul George. You just get the sense that Kawhi and Paul want to be in LA and that at some point in the near future, they're going to end up playing there. And given that we know LeBron already owns property in LA and is at least somewhat influenced currently by his post-NBA ventures, LA makes the most sense. It felt like LeBron signing in Philadelphia was the best chance but now that we know of Kawhi's stated interest in LA, it changes things. 

At this point, if the Sixers know they're going to be missing out on all three, I think they should take on that Parsons contract to get the #4 pick. If #10 for Parsons and #4 is on the table, I'd take it and deal with that contract for a couple seasons. Not exactly sure if Memphis would take that alone but I like the framework of that deal.

Okay for the sake of argument let's say that happens, this is a draft of many big men in that area, except for mpj or maybe Doncic, who would the Sixers end up drafting

22 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Okay for the sake of argument let's say that happens, this is a draft of many big men in that area, except for mpj or maybe Doncic, who would the Sixers end up drafting

If Doncic was on the board at 4, that would be the pick

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

To me, the most likely scenario seems to be LeBron and Paul George ending up with the Lakers. Very, very hard for me to imagine Pop trading Kawhi to the Lakers but I also don't see Kawhi signing an extension with any team besides the Lakers so that might hurt Kawhi's trade value and I could see Pop having to accept the best offer coming from the Lakers if it beats all other offers (although I'm not exactly sure what assets the Lakers have that would compel Pop to accept an offer).

As a Sixers fan, I'm not entirely bothered by the idea of the Sixers missing out on all the big fish this offseason. It would certainly be disappointing. But understandable given all three players' attraction to LA and also the youth of the Sixers. Feels like Kawhi would be a great fit but why would the Sixers want to trade for him if there's no guarantee he'll sign an extension in Philadelphia? Same with Paul George. You just get the sense that Kawhi and Paul want to be in LA and that at some point in the near future, they're going to end up playing there. And given that we know LeBron already owns property in LA and is at least somewhat influenced currently by his post-NBA ventures, LA makes the most sense. It felt like LeBron signing in Philadelphia was the best chance but now that we know of Kawhi's stated interest in LA, it changes things. 

At this point, if the Sixers know they're going to be missing out on all three, I think they should take on that Parsons contract to get the #4 pick. If #10 for Parsons and #4 is on the table, I'd take it and deal with that contract for a couple seasons. Not exactly sure if Memphis would take that alone but I like the framework of that deal.

By the time we get Parsons contract off the books, we'd be over the cap with extensions to Saric and eventually Simmons as well. I'd rather hold cap space for 2019

8 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

By the time we get Parsons contract off the books, we'd be over the cap with extensions to Saric and eventually Simmons as well. I'd rather hold cap space for 2019

I want to hold cap space for 2019 too but I really don't know who is going to be available outside of Klay and I don't think he's leaving GS for Philadelphia

7 hours ago, RollEagles said:

I want to hold cap space for 2019 too but I really don't know who is going to be available outside of Klay and I don't think he's leaving GS for Philadelphia

If they love a prospect at #4, I get it. But not sure they do and not sure if its worth taking on Parsons. 

If the draft was after FA, it also may make more sense. But pretty sure its before it. 

Not sure if anyone has posted but David Griffin said the Sixers are very much looking to get someone they think is top 5. However you want to interpret that but it seems they have focused their intentions outside of free agency onto moving some assets to get an impact rookie. 

Windhorst/MacMahon said on their podcast that it is by no coincidence that the Celtics inquiring about Kawhi at the trade deadlibe leaked a day before the Kawhi wanting out of SA news leaked. Said it was almost certainly not by Boston and it was SA putting it out hoping if they do trade, it will be to a team like Boston. They also said they aren't going to rush this like the Cavs did with Kyrie and they won't cave in to Kawhi's demands of playing for the lakers. 

So that pipe dream of LBJ/PG/Kawhi is highly unlikely. Will be interesting to see what the Celtics end up offering for Kawhi. Spurs supposedly LOVE Brown but do you make him available for a potential one year rental? I mean if you do trade for Kawhi, hard to see them not winning it all with that squad. So does Kawhi still bounce after winning a title? 

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Philadelphia is definitely a team I'd trade down with. Would Philly do #10 and Saric for #4 if Doncic we're still available?

I think they'd have to seriously consider it. 

50 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Windhorst/MacMahon said on their podcast that it is by no coincidence that the Celtics inquiring about Kawhi at the trade deadlibe leaked a day before the Kawhi wanting out of SA news leaked. Said it was almost certainly not by Boston and it was SA putting it out hoping if they do trade, it will be to a team like Boston. They also said they aren't going to rush this like the Cavs did with Kyrie and they won't cave in to Kawhi's demands of playing for the lakers. 

So that pipe dream of LBJ/PG/Kawhi is highly unlikely. Will be interesting to see what the Celtics end up offering for Kawhi. Spurs supposedly LOVE Brown but do you make him available for a potential one year rental? I mean if you do trade for Kawhi, hard to see them not winning it all with that squad. So does Kawhi still bounce after winning a title? 

With Kyrie uncommitted after next year, doubtful Danny trades assets for Kawhi without at least verbal confirmation that he is signing longterm. OR Kyrie has said, get Kawhi and Ill sign on the dotted line. OR Kyrie has said get Kawhi and I'll see you later. 

What I am getting at is   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm a big Saric fan, so I'd be all about adding Saric and Bridges.

I think they'd try and move Fultz first but I can see why teams would value Saric more. Saric isn't going to be a star but in today's NBA he's a do it all type guy in a big body. A very valuable secondary piece. I'm guessing you're referring to Mikal and not Miles. I don't think Mikal makes it to 10 but he should def be around then. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm a big Saric fan, so I'd be all about adding Saric and Bridges.

You rather have Dario and Bridges than Luka? I thought you said that you didn't want to trade it for middling assets? Two role players for the potential best player in the draft.

Yeah 76ers would make that trade every time.

47 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

You rather have Dario and Bridges than Luka? I thought you said that you didn't want to trade it for middling assets? Two role players for the potential best player in the draft.

Yeah 76ers would make that trade every time.

I think Saric has serious All-Star potential, but I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

Archived