Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'm telling you with 1000% confidence that the Nets are never trading either player and those names wouldn't be said past the first 2 seconds of the convo

Russell, Levert, and Allen are untouchable

Then there's absolutely no way that Cleveland makes that trade short of LeBron 100% leaving and Cleveland only dumping salary to intentionally start a tank 2 years early. I don't buy that at all.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Then there's absolutely no way that Cleveland makes that trade short of LeBron 100% leaving and Cleveland only dumping salary to intentionally start a tank 2 years early. I don't buy that at all.

Agreed - As I stated in my original post, I have little clue how this would work

Isn't Amico really good with Cavs news though?

12 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Maybe - I'm really curious to see if this has legs

I'd love to get up to #8

Then they're going to have to give up LeVert or Russell.  Dinwiddie's efficiency fell off a cliff as the season went on and is not even close to worth a jump of 21 spots in the first round.

You don't move from #29 to #8 without paying a serious premium.

Just now, Bianconero said:

Agreed - As I stated in my original post, I have little clue how this would work

Isn't Amico really good with Cavs news though?

I mean, two years ago Amico was caught plagiarizing the King's blog...so...no?

Then there's this gem:

wIvq2Yj.png

As for how it would work, I could see something like:

Cavs trade: KLove, #8

FOR

D'Angelo, 29

Then there's this gem:

wIvq2Yj.png

FOR

D'Angelo, 29

Wow...that's an AWFUL deal for the Cavs.  Why not stay at #8 and draft any PG in this draft instead?

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Then they're going to have to give up LeVert or Russell.  Dinwiddie's efficiency fell off a cliff as the season went on and is not even close to worth a jump of 21 spots in the first round.

You don't move from #29 to #8 with paying a serious premium.

I agree with the bolded - IDK what the trade could look like but yeah, Levert and/or Russell wouldn't be traded for the #5 pick straight up, let alone a salary dump or #8.

Regarding Dinwiddie, his efficiency numbers did fall off but it was very clearly due to his role being changed and experimented with upon D'lo's return.

Before he was running the show and the ball was in his hands more, his natural position. After, he was often relegated to a wing position standing in a corner off-ball. His assists were down and his usage were down because of that.

With a full off-season, Kenny will figure out the rotation with him, Lin, and D'lo all healthy.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Then there's this gem:

wIvq2Yj.png

FOR

D'Angelo, 29

That's gonna be a no for the Nets, dawg

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Wow...that's an AWFUL deal for the Cavs.  Why not stay at #8 and draft any PG in this draft instead?

I was actually being very sarcastic, but I'll work on my message board tone apparently.

Just now, Bianconero said:

That's gonna be a no for the Nets, dawg

Then keep living in dream world man. The Cavs aren't giving away All Stars and lottery picks for NOTHING, which is what you seem to think. 

Although, in your defense as a Nets fan, you are used to teams giving away lottery picks for NOTHING. ;)

Then keep living in dream world man. The Cavs aren't giving away All Stars and lottery picks for NOTHING, which is what you seem to think. 

Although, in your defense as a Nets fan, you are used to teams giving away lottery picks for NOTHING. ;)

How did me posting a link and saying "I have no clue how this will work" turn into me living in a dream world?

Man, this board

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

How did me posting a link and saying "I have no clue how this will work" turn into me living in a dream world?

Man, this board

Because you seem to think it will work with the Nets paying 10 cents on the dollar.

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Man, this board

When you veto 2 legitimate trade type deals where you actually GIVE SOMETHING UP after saying that exact quote.

It's like when someone says,

"Where do you want to eat?"

...and you say "Man, I don't care, let's go anywhere."

Then, after someone says, "Cool, let's go here."

...you're like "No way man, that place is terrible. Seriously I'm up for whatever though."

58 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-nba-story-cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-memphis-grizzlies-dan-gilbert/

I have little clue how this would work

I'm guessing the Cavs want to dump either TT or Love's contract with #8 attached.

I'd send back '19 1st (~15), #29, Dinwiddie, and Carroll

IDK how the Cavs side is looking at this if true

@Bianconero Love isn't a dump, he's an all-star and his contract is perfectly fine.  TT is a little overpaid but he actually does bring value to a team and isn't a contract you would dump as it would be hard enough to find someone that can give you what TT does with what money the Cavs would have.  Some team might be willing to take him on as part of salary matching as they make a post season run that needs someone that can defend multiple positions and rebound at an elite level.

Archived