Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

31 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Not saying its good for them, but Memphis seems to want to push forward instead of tanking

Trading for Love doesn't really put them in a position to push forward though because he can opt out after next season. Even if they can get him to opt in they'll have $80M invested into Love, Conley, and Gasol meaning that they'll have a team only good enough to get a 5-8 seed if healthy and have zero cap flexibility to add more around those 3. 

1 hour ago, ohiogenius said:

Love to Memphis for 4 and Parsons

4, 8, George Hill to San Antonio for Leonard

If the Cavs got the #4 pick without giving up the #8 pick, then they should just start the rebuild rather try to make a trade for Leonard and still lose to GS then watch Leonard and LeBron leave.

Better option would be to keep the #4 and #8 pick.  Then if LeBron says he wants to go to LA with PG after the draft offer to trade him to them after he opts in if the Lakers would put Ingram into a package.

9 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

Trading for Love doesn't really put them in a position to push forward though because he can opt out after next season. Even if they can get him to opt in they'll have $80M invested into Love, Conley, and Gasol meaning that they'll have a team only good enough to get a 5-8 seed if healthy and have zero cap flexibility to add more around those 3. 

Well the sounds of it is the Grizzlies want to ride out Conley and Gasol as long as they can and getting Love would let them get back into the playoffs and also be able to send the pick owed to Boston next year while it's still top 8 protected rather than unprotected further down the line so when they do end up going into a rebuild they don't have worry about not having that pick.  Now Love might not be enough, might have to add in like Korver and maybe either Osman or Zizic, but I don't think that a trade revolving around Love for #4+Parsons is that far off from being both the right value and possible.

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

If the package is built around Hayward then it'd work financially, otherwise they'll have to get a third team involved in order to make it work. 

Boston receives

Kawhi Leonard 

19th pick 

San Antonio receives

Dennis Schroder 

Jaylen Brown 

Memphis pick 2019

Atlanta receives

Marcus Morris

Terry Rozier 

Semi Ojeleye 

Guerschon Yabusele 

27th pick 

I would do this for BOSTON in a heart beat. Though I love J Brown. 

50 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I would do this for BOSTON in a heart beat. Though I love J Brown. 

I don't think Boston deals Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum without some sort of assurances from Kawhi's camp that he'll re-sign.

3 hours ago, devils1854 said:

So what else is Denver going to throw in for Atlanta to take Faried? I know he is tied to #14, but we would be getting something more back to take him since we will be trading back a pick.

Nuggets aren't giving up the 14th pick to salary dump Faried IMO.  There's really no precedent for that.  If they're dumping him, it's part of a pick swap.

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Windhorst/MacMahon said on their podcast that it is by no coincidence that the Celtics inquiring about Kawhi at the trade deadlibe leaked a day before the Kawhi wanting out of SA news leaked. Said it was almost certainly not by Boston and it was SA putting it out hoping if they do trade, it will be to a team like Boston. They also said they aren't going to rush this like the Cavs did with Kyrie and they won't cave in to Kawhi's demands of playing for the lakers. 

So that pipe dream of LBJ/PG/Kawhi is highly unlikely. Will be interesting to see what the Celtics end up offering for Kawhi. Spurs supposedly LOVE Brown but do you make him available for a potential one year rental? I mean if you do trade for Kawhi, hard to see them not winning it all with that squad. So does Kawhi still bounce after winning a title? 

Given the uncertainty regarding Kyrie Irving and Kawhi Leonard likely not giving them an agreement to re-sign, it seems unlikely the Celtics would deal Tatum or Brown.  And without the inclusion of either one of them, it's hard to believe they have the best offer.

Celtics should just roll with the team they have. They are set up now and for the future. Work on getting Irving to sign long term. 

If I’m the Knicks, I would do what it took to get leonard and then sign Irving next off season, assuming it’s true that leonard like some New York. 

15 minutes ago, Tully305 said:

CLE sends out Korver, Love, Osman

OKC sends out George, Adams

CLE sends out #8, TT, JR

CHA sends out Kemba

Cavs new lineup: Kemba, PG, LBJ, Nance, Adams 

Why in the world would OKC do that? They wouldn't include Adams in the deal.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Why in the world would OKC do that? They wouldn't include Adams in the deal.

Well PG really isn't a factor in this trade for OKC since he is a FA. It's basically Love for Adams. And we'll give you Osman/Korver for facilitating us getting PG as a FA. Tho PG13 couldn't be traded along with another player since it would be a S&T, tho I guess you can make two separate deals, which it basically is anyways. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Nuggets aren't giving up the 14th pick to salary dump Faried IMO.  There's really no precedent for that.  If they're dumping him, it's part of a pick swap.

Yeah, I would think it would be #19 for #14, Faried, and something else. Just wondering what that something else is since Denver is hard set on getting under the luxury tax.

2 hours ago, Tully305 said:

CLE sends out Korver, Love, Osman

OKC sends out George, Adams

CLE sends out #8, TT, JR

CHA sends out Kemba

Cavs new lineup: Kemba, PG, LBJ, Nance, Adams 

these literally don't work. George and Adams contracts are about 14m more than the guys in your proposed trade. Also, the contracts of TT and JR are well above Kemba's. Not to mention Charlotte wants to shed contracts, not take on one such as TT's.  

A recent report said that Atlanta is looking to package DS and #19 to acquire a second lottery pick to draft either SGA or Sexton. 

If I'm the NYK that's a trade that I'd definitely entertain. Pick up DS to pair with FN in the back court and take someone like Kevin Huerter at 19.

Archived