Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, Raves said:

If it's straight Love to Washington I'd insist on Oubre + 15 if we are taking Mahinmi.  That's why I suggested the 3rd team with Memphis as all 3 teams get what they could use.  Except of course LeBron who gets told pretty much opt-in to take your $35 mil but be on a rebuilding team or opt out, save us the luxury bill and best of luck to you though if you find a good opt-in & trade team where we get the requisite assets, we'll help ya out.

I saw yours right after mine posted. I of course like yours better, the idea of getting #4 is fantastic. I'm trying to be super realistic when it comes to Love and his value. Personally I think he's worth more than what we'd be getting back in my scenario, but I can see that if we want any chance of beating a team like Golden State, he just isn't a fit. Oubre I like a lot, I love his energy and passion, I like TS's spacing and ability to defend guys like Westbrook. 

2 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I saw yours right after mine posted. I of course like yours better, the idea of getting #4 is fantastic. I'm trying to be super realistic when it comes to Love and his value. Personally I think he's worth more than what we'd be getting back in my scenario, but I can see that if we want any chance of beating a team like Golden State, he just isn't a fit. Oubre I like a lot, I love his energy and passion, I like TS's spacing and ability to defend guys like Westbrook. 

I think the Cavs won't be able to beat Houston or GSW next year and depending I would be doubtful they beat a healthy Boston team or the potential Philly super team that could potentially be Simmons/PG/Leonard/Saric/Embiid as I could see them offering #10, Fultz, Covington to the Spurs for Leonard and that be enough to convince PG to sign with Philly for a max contract.

I also think that my trade works out great for all teams involved as they get exactly what they want and then some.

3 hours ago, Texasmade said:

And just for the hell of it....

2drv0vk.png

- Memphis gets a win now player, who gives them some much needed perimeter scoring while ridding themselves of Parson's contract.

- Portland dumps Turner's contract, while freeing up their redundant backcourt and gets Dallas' 2019 pick (top 3 protected)

- Dallas gets an expensive 2nd top 5 pick in this class.

Horrific trade for the Blazers.

McCollum and Lillard aren't redundant together. We're not moving one for 10 cents on the dollar just for the sake of it

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No there's not.  NOBODY is giving the Spurs the haul they want without assurances from Kawhi's camp that he's re-signing with them.  And given that he actually loses money by agreeing to an in-season extension, that's not happening.  Boston isn't dealing Tatum/Brown, and I'm not sure the Sixers deal Fultz.

So you think the Spurs would take on Deng’s contract just to get Kyle Kuzma?  I guarantee you they won’t.

12 hours ago, Raves said:

Cleveland gets:

Chandler Parsons

Ian Mahinmi

Ben McLemore

2020 Protected 1st from Washington (top 20, top 15, 2nd) if Kevin Love opts-in/resigns with Washington.

Washington gets:

Kevin Love

Kyle Korver

Memphis gets:

JR Smith

Markieff Morris

Kelly Oubre Jr

Reasons:

Cavs take on big contracts/bad players with 2 years or less on them to be able to get the #4 pick to pair with the #8 pick and jump start their rebuilding in a deep draft.  Also the potential of another future 1st if the Wizards/Love decide to keep it going.

Washington needs to improve their front court drastically, Love would provide better rebounding and scoring from the front court.

Memphis gets to shed Parons's bad contract and the underperforming McLemore while bringing in three players that should be able to help them get back to the playoffs for less than what Parsons + McLemore would've cost them.  Also get the #15 pick to still get a young talent.

That's an awful deal for Memphis.  They drop 11 spots in the draft and still take on an awful contract?  No thanks.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

That's an awful deal for Memphis.  They drop 11 spots in the draft and still take on an awful contract?  No thanks.

You realize that JR is only partially guaranteed, like 3 mil, after this year so it's really not an awful contract... just saying.

Just now, Raves said:

You realize that JR is only partially guaranteed, like 3 mil, after this year so it's really not an awful contract... just saying.

Even if you could release him with ZERO money left on the books, that's a miserable deal for the Grizz.  They're dropping at least two tiers in terms of prospects.  I'm not even sure if it's salvagable if you send the 8th pick to Memphis, and the 15th pick to the Cavs instead.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Even if you could release him with ZERO money left on the books, that's a miserable deal for the Grizz.  They're dropping at least two tiers in terms of prospects.  I'm not even sure if it's salvagable if you send the 8th pick to Memphis, and the 15th pick to the Cavs instead.

You realiez they are dumping Parsons contract.  They won't be getting anythign of major if they insist on attaching Parsons.  The best would be probably just Love for Parsons & #4.  Literally no way you can attach Parsons to the pick and get good value in return.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

You realiez they are dumping Parsons contract.  They won't be getting anythign of major if they insist on attaching Parsons.  The best would be probably just Love for Parsons & #4.  Literally no way you can attach Parsons to the pick and get good value in return.

I'm aware.  That doesn't mean that the 4th pick is used as a pure salary dump.  They'll get either a lesser pick and a better contract situation, or they'll use it on a semi-useful player (i.e. Kemba Walker).  Find me a SINGLE salary dump in NBA history where an asset was used as highly as the 4th pick.  You won't find it.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm aware.  That doesn't mean that the 4th pick is used as a pure salary dump.  They'll get either a lesser pick and a better contract situation, or they'll use it on a semi-useful player (i.e. Kemba Walker).  Find me a SINGLE salary dump in NBA history where an asset was used as highly as the 4th pick.  You won't find it.

Baron Davis with the Cavaliers.

Just now, Raves said:

Baron Davis with the Cavaliers.

They gave up an unprotected 1st round pick to do so.  At the time of the trade, the Clippers had the 8th worst record.  Some really crappy lottery luck, and that's what happens.  I guess I should have been a bit more clear.  What was the highest price to pay for a salary dump using a known quantity?

Just now, CWood21 said:

They gave up an unprotected 1st round pick to do so.  At the time of the trade, the Clippers had the 8th worst record.  Some really crappy lottery luck, and that's what happens.  I guess I should have been a bit more clear.  What was the highest price to pay for a salary dump using a known quantity?

Fact is that they gave up an unprotected 1st, that was the #1 pick.  I really doubt the Grizzlies get a win now player, or players, and a pick before #15 for Parsons and #4.  The teams that would be willing to to trade a higher pick don't have a win-now player they could trade, and those taht do have a win-now player don't have a pick of value to trade back.

Also it's not just a salary dump, I personally think Parsons + #4 for Love is a fair trade as the Grizzlies get to win-now as well move that bad contract and I think Love would work well with Gasol.  If htat's not enough, then I'm sure other asset could be added as well that's not the #8 pick, but the Grizzlies aren't going to get better than Love for dumping Parsons and the #4, or in the trade I proposed getting a young wing that helps them win next year and would be good to develop more going forward, he'd be a RFA so the can just match an offer, he won't get more than a 12mil offer probably or they can offer the same/less to him themselves,  and the #15 pick to still get someone in this draft that's extremely deep.  Oh and Morris and JR also helps them get out of the top 10 or whatever the restriction is that would convey the pick to Boston as they want to get that mistake done and over with.

20 hours ago, Texasmade said:

And just for the hell of it....

2drv0vk.png

- Memphis gets a win now player, who gives them some much needed perimeter scoring while ridding themselves of Parson's contract.

- Portland dumps Turner's contract, while freeing up their redundant backcourt and gets Dallas' 2019 pick (top 3 protected)

- Dallas gets an expensive 2nd top 5 pick in this class.

How does Portland give up the best player in the deal, and the Mavericks walk away with the best draft pick?

14 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

So you think the Spurs would take on Deng’s contract just to get Kyle Kuzma?  I guarantee you they won’t.

No, I'm not saying the Spurs would take on Deng.  Although, I don't think it's totally off the table, just very unlikely.  They just need to find a team like Atlanta or Chicago who has no intention of competing take on his contract, and they've got enough cap space to acquire Kawhi and then sign LeBron and PG13.

To me, the most likely scenario seems to be LeBron and Paul George ending up with the Lakers. Very, very hard for me to imagine Pop trading Kawhi to the Lakers but I also don't see Kawhi signing an extension with any team besides the Lakers so that might hurt Kawhi's trade value and I could see Pop having to accept the best offer coming from the Lakers if it beats all other offers (although I'm not exactly sure what assets the Lakers have that would compel Pop to accept an offer).

As a Sixers fan, I'm not entirely bothered by the idea of the Sixers missing out on all the big fish this offseason. It would certainly be disappointing. But understandable given all three players' attraction to LA and also the youth of the Sixers. Feels like Kawhi would be a great fit but why would the Sixers want to trade for him if there's no guarantee he'll sign an extension in Philadelphia? Same with Paul George. You just get the sense that Kawhi and Paul want to be in LA and that at some point in the near future, they're going to end up playing there. And given that we know LeBron already owns property in LA and is at least somewhat influenced currently by his post-NBA ventures, LA makes the most sense. It felt like LeBron signing in Philadelphia was the best chance but now that we know of Kawhi's stated interest in LA, it changes things. 

At this point, if the Sixers know they're going to be missing out on all three, I think they should take on that Parsons contract to get the #4 pick. If #10 for Parsons and #4 is on the table, I'd take it and deal with that contract for a couple seasons. Not exactly sure if Memphis would take that alone but I like the framework of that deal.

Archived