Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Kemba Walker doesn't move the needle at all for the Lakers.  In fact, I'd make the argument that the length of Ingram would be more appealing to LeBron/PG.  I mean, that's three LONG defenders you can throw at Klay and Durant.  LeBron would probably have to play the 4 though, and he's been resistant to that in the past.

Something tells me LeBron and PG would rather play with an all-star then a 20 year old. You just need to look at LeBrons track record. Not that I think it is the right thing to do. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Something tells me LeBron and PG would rather play with an all-star then a 20 year old. You just need to look at LeBrons track record. Not that I think it is the right thing to do. 

He's a high usage guard who doesn't really offer much else.  They need defense to counter the Warriors strength.

Just now, CWood21 said:

He's a high usage guard who doesn't really offer much else.  They need defense to counter the Warriors strength.

okay. what i'm talking about doesn't even need to be about kemba specifically. it's that if you are serious about thinking LeBron is going to be a Laker you are going to need to be okay with losing your young assets. 

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Who says no?

Cleveland gets:
DeAndre Jordan
Lesser of Clippers and Pistons 2018 1st round pick

LA Clippers get:
Rodney Hood
Tristan Thompson
Brooklyn 2018 1st Round Pick

no way for the cavs

I rather have Hood than Deandre by themselves.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

okay. what i'm talking about doesn't even need to be about kemba specifically. it's that if you are serious about thinking LeBron is going to be a Laker you are going to need to be okay with losing your young assets. 

Given the improvements Ingram has shown this year, I'm not sure he's this year away from being a year away.  His FG% has gone up over 5%, rebounding and passing at a higher rate, and he's got a lean defensively over Walker.  If this was an Ingram/Deng for Walker deal, than I think there'd probably more interest but an Ingram for Walker deal doesn't really make sense.  You're essentially trading for the name value.

Archived