Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Any particular reasoning as to why you're so adamant about getting out from under Parsons's deal? You're not up against the luxury tax threshold, you're not competing for anything and you've already got two massive contracts on the books anyways. It's over in 2 seasons. There's literally no rush on Memphis' end here.

Because I hate him.

How would LeBron to Houston even work? And I don't just mean from the sign-and-trade aspect. How would that offense work? LeBron and Harden are both extremely ball-dominant players. Would Harden be okay playing off the ball again?

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How would LeBron to Houston even work? And I don't just mean from the sign-and-trade aspect. How would that offense work? LeBron and Harden are both extremely ball-dominant players. Would Harden be okay playing off the ball again?

the same questions were asked about Harden and CP3, both of whom are more ball dominate than Lebron, and it worked just fine. Guys would adjust to it. Lebrons minutes would probably come down into the low 30s during the regular season. CP3 will miss 20 games. Everyone will band together behind the heartbreak of continuing to lose to Golden State. PLus CP3, Harden and Lebron are arguably the 3 best play makers in the league. It could lead to some beautiful basketball. I dont think Lebron fits the 3 happy offense, but as MDA proved this year, he is willing to let great players do their thing. 

But having said all that, Paul George is a much better fit. If he was able to play with Westbrook and Melo, he would LOVE playing next to Harden and CP3. He is also the ultimate version of the 3 and D wing man.  When you watch the Rockets play over the last two years, you see a lot of opportunity for our SF to make plays. Just look at Ariza, Green and Moute this past year. Replace that with a guy like PG, and suddenly you have 3 guys that can create a shot. The warriors only have 2 guys great at creating their own shot. 

I would bet anything that if we got 7 healthy games out of a CP3/Harden/PG/Capela line up, we could beat anyone. 

27 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

the same questions were asked about Harden and CP3, both of whom are more ball dominate than Lebron, and it worked just fine. Guys would adjust to it. Lebrons minutes would probably come down into the low 30s during the regular season. CP3 will miss 20 games. Everyone will band together behind the heartbreak of continuing to lose to Golden State. PLus CP3, Harden and Lebron are arguably the 3 best play makers in the league. It could lead to some beautiful basketball. I dont think Lebron fits the 3 happy offense, but as MDA proved this year, he is willing to let great players do their thing. 

But having said all that, Paul George is a much better fit. If he was able to play with Westbrook and Melo, he would LOVE playing next to Harden and CP3. He is also the ultimate version of the 3 and D wing man.  When you watch the Rockets play over the last two years, you see a lot of opportunity for our SF to make plays. Just look at Ariza, Green and Moute this past year. Replace that with a guy like PG, and suddenly you have 3 guys that can create a shot. The warriors only have 2 guys great at creating their own shot. 

I would bet anything that if we got 7 healthy games out of a CP3/Harden/PG/Capela line up, we could beat anyone. 

LeBron is the most ball-dominant player in the league. And note that I didn't ask if CP3 could handle it. I know he could handle being Robin. I'm asking if Harden can at this point in his career. LeBron isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone. Can Harden play the sort of role he played in OKC again?

I'm also having a hard time figuring out how you keep Capela in this scenario?

14 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Rozier and a pick might get you to 13 for Robert Williams

the Cs wouldn't make a deal like this, i don't imagine.. if Rozier is moved, it's going to be part of a bigger deal, i'm sure. but I don't see him being moved this offseason anyway. 

15 hours ago, utley4568 said:

Not if it's Mo Bamba.

wtf 

the cs aren't going to trade a borderline all star caliber player and a first round pick for a total unknown at a position that generally takes the longest to produce from.

i agree that they aren't going to move into the top 5 with rozier/picks but the finals haven't even started, it's all smoke screens. i really don't think they care that much about moving into the top 5 right now. 

LASTLY: We know Ainge is a **** negotiator and will only accept deals he feels he wins in a landslide from. The deal they were talking about on eei was Brown/Sac pick for 3 to pick Bamba. It's still May. No guarantee he's still there at 3 and we also have no idea if his value stays at 3. I certainly don't trust any reports coming out like that at this time. Or ever tbh

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

LeBron is the most ball-dominant player in the league. And note that I didn't ask if CP3 could handle it. I know he could handle being Robin. I'm asking if Harden can at this point in his career. LeBron isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone. Can Harden play the sort of role he played in OKC again?

I'm also having a hard time figuring out how you keep Capela in this scenario?

Lebron actually lets other people bring the ball up the court. Harden and CP3 are both guys who love to touch the ball every time down the court, Lebron will take possessions off on offense, its been the secret to his 48 minute games. So i really dont think it would be an issue. On top of that, Lebron is heading towards 34, he knows he needs to slow down during the regular season, and I think he would do that if he came to Houston. Hes obviously not going to come if he doesnt want to make it work. 

We can keep Capela because he only has a cap hold of 7 million. After we do what ever we are going to do this off season, we can resign Capela to his max deal. 

if CP3 wants his 35 million per year max salary, then the match doesnt work to bring in Lebron with or without Capela. CP3 would have to take 25 million per to make it work. He already showed he was willing to take less money when he opted in so he could be traded to Houston. So the ball is in his court. The only other option would be Lebron opting in to his deal and the cavs trading him to us for a max value of Eric Gordon or PJ Tucker/Nene while we pay a 3rd team to take Ryan Anderson. 

but Capela is staying. 

Archived