Playoff Chat: and now The Bowl

vike daddy

8 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Great weekend for me. GB lost a heartbreaking fashion, Rodgers already saying no to a rebuild. brady lost and Diggs had 3 catches and 7 yards. 

Still like Diggs but he needed to be humbled a little. This weekend is also a reminder that no matter how great OL you have. Either by opposing DL talent or injuries to that OL your QB will have to overcome a bad line in a high pressure game.  That doesn't mean ignore the line but can't always expect the line to be prefect. 

Why did Diggs need to be humbled? he's a great player that has shown up in the biggest spots.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I think I want a SF/KC superbowl... LA is the only team I DON'T want to make it.

What’s wrong with LA? I’ve always liked Stafford and I’m glad he’s not stuck on a lousy team. I like how the Rams don’t shy away from making moves to acquire proven high end talent. Too many teams over value draft picks or the safe option. They could have kept it going with Goff and still be a playoff team but chose to get a clear upgrade. How the Rams built their team is somewhat refreshing though there’s certainly a ton of pressure to win a super bowl in the next few years before that talent ages. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

What’s wrong with LA? I’ve always liked Stafford and I’m glad he’s not stuck on a lousy team. I like how the Rams don’t shy away from making moves to acquire proven high end talent. Too many teams over value draft picks or the safe option. They could have kept it going with Goff and still be a playoff team but chose to get a clear upgrade. How the Rams built their team is somewhat refreshing though there’s certainly a ton of pressure to win a super bowl in the next few years before that talent ages. 

They're LA...that's what's wrong with it...and I honestly always love it when other teams go all-in like they have done and fall short.  I like teams that do it the so-called right way, by developing players, not buying them.  

The Rams are the only team of the 4 remaining that I definitely want to lose.  If the 49ers win, with how the teams are set up now, we'll have a SB rematch in either case.  How fun would it be to have the 49ers-Bengals rematch again?  I'm sure the Cincy fans would be in an uproar as they don't make the SB often, and when they do, it's always against the 49ers.  

Just now, JDBrocks said:

I think Stafford is totally overrated and is basically Kirk taken #1 overall. look at the numbers, look at the results.

He’s been with the Rams for one year and already has more playoff wins than Kirk. Put Kirk on Detroit for all of those years, I’d guess he’d be much worse having to essentially carry the offense. Stafford is a flawed QB and fairly comparable to Kirk, but I would definitely rather have Stafford. They aren’t the same kind of QB that’s for sure.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

They're LA...that's what's wrong with it...and I honestly always love it when other teams go all-in like they have done and fall short.  I like teams that do it the so-called right way, by developing players, not buying them.  

The Rams are the only team of the 4 remaining that I definitely want to lose.  If the 49ers win, with how the teams are set up now, we'll have a SB rematch in either case.  How fun would it be to have the 49ers-Bengals rematch again?  I'm sure the Cincy fans would be in an uproar as they don't make the SB often, and when they do, it's always against the 49ers.  

I’m pulling for the Chiefs to win it all again. Just like that team a lot with Reid and Mahomes.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I’m pulling for the Chiefs to win it all again. Just like that team a lot with Reid and Mahomes.

The only thing about that is if they win, then we'll hear at work about how they missed that chance to win 3 in a row by losing last year. 

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He’s been with the Rams for one year and already has more playoff wins than Kirk. Put Kirk on Detroit for all of those years, I’d guess he’d be much worse having to essentially carry the offense. Stafford is a flawed QB and fairly comparable to Kirk, but I would definitely rather have Stafford. They aren’t the same kind of QB that’s for sure.

He's being remote controlled by McVay and when he goes off script he still makes the dumbest throws. He's not a great QB. He had a consensus top 3 receiver during his prime and couldn't even get to the playoffs. Stafford and Kirk are the same guy. Different skill sets, same results. I would prefer to have neither. 

I don't want to go down this road anymore, though. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. 

Back to LA.- I also hated the way that they almost gave it away and kept running and going 3 and out after walking all over TB in the first half. keep doing what you were doing well. they just aren't my kind of team.

10 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

He's being remote controlled by McVay and when he goes off script he still makes the dumbest throws. He's not a great QB. He had a consensus top 3 receiver during his prime and couldn't even get to the playoffs. Stafford and Kirk are the same guy. Different skill sets, same results. I would prefer to have neither. 

I don't want to go down this road anymore, though. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. 

Back to LA.- I also hated the way that they almost gave it away and kept running and going 3 and out after walking all over TB in the first half. keep doing what you were doing well. they just aren't my kind of team.

Don’t understand the remote controlled comment. If McVay is that brilliant, why did Goff not work out? Goff was way too safe of a QB. Stafford obviously took the Rams offense up a notch. Especially with Kupp. And I am not in disagreement with you in regards to Kirk and Stafford and where they are ranked (pretty close) my comment was more directed at being happy for Stafford that he was able to leave a consistently terrible organization and have success elsewhere.

I guess in terms of being on dysfunctional teams, Cousins hasn’t had it great either. Let’s face it, it’s been a mess with Zimmer and Spielman the last couple of years and he started his career with perhaps the most dysfunctional team in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Don’t understand the remote controlled comment. If McVay is that brilliant, why did Goff not work out? Goff was way too safe of a QB. Stafford obviously took the Rams offense up a notch. Especially with Kupp. And I am not in disagreement with you in regards to Kirk and Stafford and where they are ranked (pretty close) my comment was more directed at being happy for Stafford that he was able to leave a consistently terrible organization and have success elsewhere.

I guess in terms of being on dysfunctional teams, Cousins hasn’t had it great either. Let’s face it, it’s been a mess with Zimmer and Spielman the last couple of years and he started his career with perhaps the most dysfunctional team in the league.

Goff is a worse QB than Stafford and McVay still brought him to a SB. I think that's a pretty easy connection to make. I think we're mostly in agreement. I've just never understood Stafford apologists. He seems to get the benefit of the doubt because he was a #1 overall pick and has a cannon arm, even if he's not that great.

On McVay/the Rams offense - I think he's becoming/has become one of those guys that's the smartest guy in the room. He seems to trust himself more than his players. I thought that really showed up this afternoon.