Playoff Chat: and now The Bowl

vike daddy

a thread to discuss the progress (and demise) of the 2022 Playoff teams and games.

i caught most of the last half of the Bills' slaughter of the Patriots yesterday (7 offensive drives for the Bills, resulting in 7 touchdowns...) but never saw Diggs on the field. was he injured?

Edited by vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

details? i don't know anything about it...

There was an inadvertent whistle while the ball was still in the air on a TD pass from Burrow (who was going out of bounds but got the throw off before coming down). They almost said at first he was out of bounds but replay showed he was still good. The whistle should have caused the play to be blown dead and not stand by the letter of the rules, but the officials just ignored that and basically said the whistle didnt happen/have anny effect on the play. Some defenders let up once they heard the whistle, even though it likely wouldnt have changed the outcome. The nearest defender likely wouldnt have been able to make a play on the ball and cause an incompletion.

Either way someone was going to get screwed by it, but that doesnt mean Cincy wouldnt have scored on the next play. It's just a shame things like that are allowed to happen and change the entire scope of the game. Cincy went up by 14 after that stood, instead of possibly being only up by 10. Vegas scored on the the next possession just before half to keep it to a 7 pt deficit, but being down by only 3 changes things immensely. Especially on the final drive of the game where they were forced to go for a TD instead of kicking a FG to tie and send to OT. Bengals won 26-19 on an interception just short of the goal line.

1 hour ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

There was an inadvertent whistle while the ball was still in the air on a TD pass from Burrow (who was going out of bounds but got the throw off before coming down). They almost said at first he was out of bounds but replay showed he was still good. The whistle should have caused the play to be blown dead and not stand by the letter of the rules, but the officials just ignored that and basically said the whistle didnt happen/have anny effect on the play. Some defenders let up once they heard the whistle, even though it likely wouldnt have changed the outcome. The nearest defender likely wouldnt have been able to make a play on the ball and cause an incompletion.

Either way someone was going to get screwed by it, but that doesnt mean Cincy wouldnt have scored on the next play. It's just a shame things like that are allowed to happen and change the entire scope of the game. Cincy went up by 14 after that stood, instead of possibly being only up by 10. Vegas scored on the the next possession just before half to keep it to a 7 pt deficit, but being down by only 3 changes things immensely. Especially on the final drive of the game where they were forced to go for a TD instead of kicking a FG to tie and send to OT. Bengals won 26-19 on an interception just short of the goal line.

There were a number of other instances too. Believe there was a play that was clearly a catch that NY had to step in an override an incompletion. I hate going the conspiracy theory angle with sports betting but if the nfl doesn’t improve its officiating crews, perhaps by having more full timers who are young who can lead crews, there is going to questions in regards to integrity. Just tired of watching all of these 60 year old part time officials trying to keep pace with 20-30 year old athletes. 

The Bills totally crushed the Patriots.   It was totally evident the Bills defense played upto their statistical ranking.    The Bills offense put a whooping on the Patriots.   Yes, Diggs played, but he was quiet.

The Bengals look to be a dangerous team.   

Almost a week removed from Zimmer's firing, I'm glad the Vikes aren't in it.    I think they'd have been demolished.   

I feel bad for the Cowboys. They had a great season and are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. But their run defense is a liability and they play the one team that most eager to run the ball.

57 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

They are probably the only team that has a chance to beat Green Bay this playoff season.

I think the winner of the Rams/Cardinals game has a good shot to knock off Green Bay. Also Kansas City/Buffalo would be no slouch in the Super Bowl.