Playoff Chat: and now The Bowl

vike daddy

Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford finally has won a playoff game. Along the way, he generated the highest single-game postseason passer rating for any quarterback in franchise history.

Via NFL Research, Stafford’s 154.5 passer rating eclipsed single-game numbers from Norm Van Brocklin (149.3) and Kurt Warner (143.0).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/17/matthew-staffords-historically-efficient-night-comes-with-far-fewer-passes-than-runs/

• Like 1

Anyone else think this is a sneaky tough matchup for Tennessee? Cincinnati has the 13th best rush defense in the NFL, but only the 21st ranked pass defense. Meanwhile the Titans had the most rush attempts this season and the 7th fewest pass attempts this season.

The only good news for the Titans is the Bengals do tend to run the ball a lot themselves (despite not being very good at it) and Tennessee has the 4th best rush defense (and the best of any remaining playoff team).

10 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Anyone else think this is a sneaky tough matchup for Tennessee?

No.  It's one thing to face off against the Raiders and a whole other thing to go up against a guy you couldn't coach out of a paper bag when you were with the Dolphins but actually elevated his career after leaving you. (Zac Taylor was his QBs coach for the first 4 years of Tannehill's career...after being a grad assistant at Texas A&M for Tannehill's entire college career.  

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Packers losing in the playoffs. A tradition like no other.

But, seriously, we feel cursed? Packers fans lose a lot of heartbreakers. 

Helps when you have decades of HOF QB play that gets you into the playoffs every year. Sorry, no sympathy here. Let’s start the Jordan Love era already.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Rodgers 0-4 in big games against the team that “snubbed” him.

An unceremonious ending to his Packers career (likely)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

They are cursed!  With back-to-back HOF QB's, they should have won several SB's in that time span.  When you have a HOF QB, a forgotten aspect of that is you are not perennially wasting draft capitol on the QB position, which makes the rest of your roster much stronger.

The Bengals have obviously far surpassed my expectations (I'm still not that fond of Zac Taylor though) and have proven me wrong, but at least I can be happy about being wrong on the Packers-49ers game in the contest.  It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy than A-Rodg. Let him go to Denver or Pittsburgh or MIami...in that scenario, I'm more than willing to hang onto Cousins, because he'd now be the #1 QB in the division.  

3 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

They are cursed!  With back-to-back HOF QB's, they should have won several SB's in that time span.  When you have a HOF QB, a forgotten aspect of that is you are not perennially wasting draft capitol on the QB position, which makes the rest of your roster much stronger.

I've said that to Packers fans for years, but they still continue to focus on how many trophies the Vikings haven't won because I happen to be a Vikings fan, and I supposedly can't be objective.  It's an embarrassment that they've had 30 years of HoF QB play and only 2 titles to show for it.  They should be outraged.   

• Like 1