2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Eagles and Cooks have been linked every time he’s available. It’s like clockwork.  

Why is Cooks always available? Must have an attitude problem or something for teams to always be willing to trade him after he puts up 1100+ yards.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Why is Cooks always available? Must have an attitude problem or something for teams to always be willing to trade him after he puts up 1100+ yards.

He's like the Kirk Cousins of WRs. He puts up numbers, but doesn't really have that big of an impact? 

Like. I've never watched a game and thought "oh man, gotta look out for Brandin Cooks"

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well I think it is pretty clear that the league views our FO MUCH differently than the way fans do. Everyone is stealing our guys.

Eagles hire SMART people in their front office. All you hear about is Howie, but we've been one of the teams pushing analytics and staying ahead of the curve. We usually hire front office people from other good front offices. Andrew Berry was only brought on for a year before the Browns came calling for him back. Problem is we've lost a lot of these people recently and need to replenish now.

Eagles literally spearheaded a rule change to block teams from hiring away personnel guys for assistant GM jobs cause we just got robbed this year lol. I think Howie and them were pushing for it at the combine even before owners meetings.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Only if they're not white men.

Don't get me started on how I feel about this policy.

We might get some picks for possibly the 2nd female GM (I think the only female GM was Eagles Susan Tose) ever if Catherine Raîche gets a job in the next year or two. She was interviewed this process, but didn't get it just like Brandon Brown who took the assistant GM job with the Giants.

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Eagles and Cooks have been linked every time he’s available. It’s like clockwork.  

We wanted to draft Cooks in 2014 and got sniped by the Saints who traded up with the Cardinals in front of us and took him at 20 causing us to trade back from 22 to 26 with the Browns who came up for Mayfield. We traded down just to take Marcus Smith with 26 overall smh.... then get our receiver in the 2nd in Jordan Matthews..... blah. He went before someone named Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry that round.

Man... that draft class was ROUGH.

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We wanted to draft Cooks in 2014 and got sniped by the Saints who traded up with the Cardinals in front of us and took him at 20 causing us to trade back from 22 to 26 with the Browns who came up for Mayfield. We traded down just to take Marcus Smith with 26 overall smh.... then get our receiver in the 2nd in Jordan Matthews..... blah. He went before someone named Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry that round.

Landry and J Matt similar caliber players, just J Matt fell off that "solid" tier real quick. I wanted Cody Lattimer too that draft, but Davante was my WR1 that year. And it had nothing to do with his route running, it was purely because he looked like Michael Crabtree at Texas Tech catching redzone fades. Carr to Davante red zone fade was unstoppable at Fresno State. I liked Allen Robinson too, but the Penn State fans said he wasn't all that, so I believed them. They said the same thing about Godwin too. Penn State fans are seemingly hard to please with WR's. Nobody really raving about Dotson, and I like him a lot. He's my WR3.

Edited by Jeezla

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Landry and J Matt similar caliber players, just J Matt fell off that "solid" tier real quick.

Eh I'd argue even earlier in their careers Landry was the better player. I thought Chip did a lot of good stuff with the mesh concepts to get Jordan Matthews a bunch of yardage early in his career. Landry is/was better after the catch and most importantly more durable. 

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I wanted Cody Lattimer too that draft, but Davante was my WR1 that year. And it had nothing to do with his route running, it was purely because he looked like Michael Crabtree at Texas Tech catching redzone fades. Carr to Davante red zone fade was unstoppable at Fresno State. I liked Allen Robinson too, but the Penn State fans said he wasn't all that, so I believed them. They said the same thing about Godwin too. Penn State fans are seemingly hard to please with WR's. Nobody really raving about Dotson, and I like him a lot. He's my WR3.

Yeah, obviously Davante struggled as a rookie in the NFL and really made a lot of strides with his release work and route running once he got to the league to take those big jumps to being elite. I do vaguely remember you liking Lattimer. I was never big on him. Allen Robinson looking back probably should've been the pick. We still ended up with a Chicago receiver and SB in the end though, but its just frustrating to look back at the guys we passed on almost all times we take a receiver lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

58 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I dunno, it’s weird. He’s only 28, is just about a lock to get 1000 yards season and this will be his 4th team. Howie has been greased up for him for some time though. 

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So, Howie’s been having night sweats for that long about it and this is his way to make it right? I would love to be a fly on the wall. 

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Maybe his price came down? Or he is ok with a one year deal? I would be really surprised if the Eagles gave a 30 year old Safety big money for multiple years.... but I would love to get the Honey Badger. Would make the backend of our D so much better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Give me the badger 🦡 

Should've taken him over Bennie Logan.

Not as interested in him now as I was when he came out of LSU when I was watching his highlights like twice a week before he was even draft eligible.

Still would welcome him on a reasonable deal, but not sure he's gonna come here for a "reasonable" offer with guaranteed money that mostly runs out after 2 years.