2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Makes sense

Only shot he probably had to make the team with them bringing in a better slot receiver than him who is also a great blocker.

Hopefully for his sake they don’t take a TE in the middle of the draft which is where the value is, cause his road to make the team gets that much harder then. Good luck to him though.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think the flaw there is a lot of the contracts were framed out before that deal, so regardless of anything else it’s a bet positive. Give teams some breathing room to get some bad hit just over with, have more flexibility in when they have to restructure. You get some leverage back when you aren’t on a timetable to get under the cap.

If they want him on the team in 2023, yeah.

If not then they’ll post June 1st him. Gets that $21.26m in deadcap to split to a manageable $9.25m and $12.01m over those years. Brings the overall savings next year up from $4.75m to $16.76m.

Onus really is on them finding another CB. If they neglect it then it’s the cost of business.

Why not just keep Slay through 2023 and let the contract expire? Assuming he still plays at a high level this year.

But, yeah… I think we really need to come out of this first round with a corner that can learn from Slay and take the CB1 spot in a couple years. Not to mention we just need a CB2 really bad right now. I can’t trust what we have on the roster currently.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why not just keep Slay through 2023 and let the contract expire? Assuming he still plays at a high level this year.

But, yeah… I think we really need to come out of this first round with a corner that can learn from Slay and take the CB1 spot in a couple years. Not to mention we just need a CB2 really bad right now. I can’t trust what we have on the roster currently.

You could, just in general having cap hits north of $18m (aside from QB) isn’t something you normally want to do…let alone a $26 million dollar one.

I think really the issue could be pressed with what’s going on at QB. Like if they are trading for one, if they can move up for one, did Hurts prove worth an extension, or do they try to be an attractive spot to say try and get Brady for a year? Makes you either have to redo that deal or not, but in general I doubt they will keep Slay at that.

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Only shot he probably had to make the team with them bringing in a better slot receiver than him who is also a great blocker.

Hopefully for his sake they don’t take a TE in the middle of the draft which is where the value is, cause his road to make the team gets that much harder then. Good luck to him though.

Yeah he’ll have a good shot with Tyree most likely on the PUP list for awhile.

Curious how he does

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah he’ll have a good shot with Tyree most likely on the PUP list for awhile.

Curious how he does

I didn’t realize he only had 5 targets and 2 receptions last year. Jeez. 

Obviously needs to put weight on. Which is fun lol. But he’ll need to get stronger. Blocking CBs and blocking DEs is a different animal. I’m interested. That’s more than I felt about him previous so I guess that’s good for us. 

53 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We should 100% take a tight end this draft we have 10 picks.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is why I think corner is the #1 need for this team. Not only is it a major present need, but also a major future need with Slay getting up there. 2 or 3 years from now we'll have 2 new corners. Gotta start the process now, as they're hard to find.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah not taking one and resigning DickRod would be be infuriating 

Definitely a deep class this year even if there aren't any top tier guys like Pitts or Freiermuth (who was criminally underrated)

I feel like the guys I like the most in regards to bang for your buck at where they're projected to go are Jelani Woods and Jake Ferguson.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

You could, just in general having cap hits north of $18m (aside from QB) isn’t something you normally want to do…let alone a $26 million dollar one.

Yeah, but we put ourselves in that situation with all the damage we did trying to keep our "SB window " open.

Eventually we need to stop kicking the can down the road and just bite the bullet.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This is why I think corner is the #1 need for this team. Not only is it a major present need, but also a major future need with Slay getting up there. 2 or 3 years from now we'll have 2 new corners. Gotta start the process now, as they're hard to find.

Agreed. I don't want to exit this first round without a corner. I'd be pretty disappointed if that happened. It's been way too long since we spent a premium pick on corner. Closest we've had is Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas on day 2 and Sidney was coming off a major injury and Rasul was a guy that needed development.