2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Didn’t think it’d happen but there are gonna be some big losers this cycle.

Minshew is at least something to trot out there.

Minshew will play 85% as well as Carr/Cousins over a full season, and only cost you a 4th round pick. And Minshew's salary is low low. I'd do it if I was the Colts. Better than paying Teddy B or Jameis 10+ to get your team the same record or trading a 1st and more for Carr/Cousins and their contracts. Just have to know he's merely a stop gap and not a savior. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Minshew will play 85% as well as Carr/Cousins over a full season, and only cost you a 4th round pick. And Minshew's salary is low low. I'd do it if I was the Colts. Better than paying Teddy B or Jameis 10+ to get your team the same record or trading a 1st and more for Carr/Cousins and their contracts.

Yeah, build the team up and regroup for next year. Not enough of a difference to over buy on those guys at the higher end of the middle tier. Especially when they aren’t stack at the pass catching spots

31 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Sheesh that’s a ton of dead money. I have to imagine there is no way we trade him if that is true. 

A post June 1st trade could ease the pain slightly. But would still cost huge draft compensation. 

37 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Sheesh that’s a ton of dead money. I have to imagine there is no way we trade him if that is true. 

Chargers have a ton of cap space, if they were willing to eat half of it or more it’d make some sense. Free up more money this year and some for next year.

$10m–15m extra this year and you can land another guy top guy if they wanted to. Or they themselves can make a trade for someone else.

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

A post June 1st trade could ease the pain slightly. But would still cost huge draft compensation. 

I could be wrong, but I don’t think you can designate a post June 1st trade like you can a release. You would have to actually wait until after June 1st to make the trade to spread the same hit over 2 years.

If the compensation is there we’ll move on.

34 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think you can designate a post June 1st trade like you can a release. You would have to actually wait until after June 1st to make the trade to spread the same hit over 2 years.

If the compensation is there we’ll move on.

I think what ultimately happens is we'll trade Fletcher after the draft, get compensation for next year's cycle. Assuming we do trade him, that is.