2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why TF would we want to take a $40M dead cap hit? That's absurd?

If we are moving him they aren’t going to take that on. Unless some team is overpaying significantly.

also the $40m number isn’t right 

here la a breakdown of why that someone else did

1)His contract on OTC/Spotrac is not correctly shown. OTC even admits this, it’s because his contract is so complicated. In short, there is an approximately $16M option bonus that the team DOES NOT yet owe to Cox that those sites are counting as dead money (because it eventually will be), but it isn’t yet. So a trade/cut avoids that. 

2)The eventual cost for keeping Cox in 2022 is $16.476M more than the eventual cost for trading him or cutting him. In my opinion, he’s not worth $16.476M in 2022. I’d trade him for a pack of gum to save that money.

3) A post 6/1 trade for him costs $9.641M dead this year and $15.359M dead next year, a total of $25M dead. Cutting or trading him pre 6/1 is the same $25M dead, but all in 2022.

Cox has that $16M option bonus that sets in “in the summer.” That bonus can be traded to another team post-6/1 (but before it gets paid to him in the summer). 

Again, total dead money cost of trading him post 6/1: $25M ($9.6 in 2022 and $15.4 in 2023)

4) If we keep him in 2022:

$14.946M cap hit in 2022

His contract then expires in 2023 (he has a poison pill clause like Kelce did) and we have to either renegotiate or designate him as a post 6/1 cut, which would lead to:

$9.618M dead in 2023 

$16.912M dead in 2024

Total cost: $41.476M ($14.9M in 2022, $9.6M in 2023, $16.9M in 2024)

5) So to repeat: the eventual cost for keeping him in 2022 ($41.476M) is $16.476M more than the eventual cost for trading him or cutting him ($25M). He’s not worth $16.476M in 2022. Ideally, we trade him post 6/1 so that we not only save the $16.476M but also we push $15.4M of the dead money to 2023 when the salary cap will go up considerably.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I honestly want nothing to do with DeVondre Campbell. I'd be disappointed if we signed him. JuJu I'd be okay with assuming it's not big money. 

Campbell seems like an eagles guy and juju . I'm all for juju , I think he's got plenty still left just needs to not be a #1 and play more slot. Watched him plenty these last couple years. Big Ben missed him quite a bit on plenty of big plays where juju was pretty wide open. His stats are a bit misleading

8 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Campbell seems like an eagles guy and juju . I'm all for juju , I think he's got plenty still left just needs to not be a #1 and play more slot. Watched him plenty these last couple years. Big Ben missed him quite a bit on plenty of big plays where juju was pretty wide open. His stats are a bit misleading

Sounds like Quez being missed by Hurts. I'd welcome him for sure. Then all 3 WR are pretty interchangeable. 

• Like 1