2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

So far it has been a really disappointing Free Agency period. 

Lol we are less than 2 days in and the Eagles signed one of the best available young players at a premium position. 

Your disappointment is most likely a you problem 😎

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Lol we are less than 2 days in and the Eagles signed one of the best available young players at a premium position. 

Your disappointment is most likely a you problem 😎

While the Ridgeway signing was okay and should improve the defense. It is very disappointing that the same positions keep getting neglected year after year. Granted, free agency is not over but the secondary is in an awful state. Specially safeties, we need two starters and chances are we are going to be relying heavily in a 2nd or 3rd round rookie to contribute in a major way. 

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

While the Ridgeway signing was okay and should improve the defense. It is very disappointing that the same positions keep getting neglected year after year. Granted, free agency is not over but the secondary is in an awful state. Specially safeties, we need two starters and chances are we are going to be relying heavily in a 2nd or 3rd round rookie to contribute in a major way. 

Agreed. Everybody says "free agency hasn't even started yet, only two days in, etc." and I'm like uhhh free agency isn't really a time based proposition. It's a supply based one. And supplies are low, if not empty.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Agreed. Everybody says "free agency hasn't even started yet, only two days in, etc." and I'm like uhhh free agency isn't really a time based proposition. It's a supply based one. And supplies are low, if not empty.

K but it’s not. There are plenty of good players who can help the Eagles’ still out there. 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The fact that we missed on the two top safeties is the most disappointing team for me. But if they had played DLine we would have had no problem securing one of the two. We know the Eagles are not drafting one in round 1, which means we will rely heavily on a 2nd or 3rd round plus Epps. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

K but it’s not. There are plenty of good players who can help the Eagles’ still out there. 

But again. It's not time based like I see everybody saying. Idc how far we are into free agency. It's all supply driven. And the position we arguably need the most, safety, is an absolutely barren pool to pick from. Counting on Epps and some combo of a rookie, McLeod or Harris isn't exactly proactive in my mind. Say what you will about the safety position, but the neglect this team has for IMPROVING it is maddening and malpractice.

39 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

The fact that we missed on the two top safeties is the most disappointing team for me. But if they had played DLine we would have had no problem securing one of the two. We know the Eagles are not drafting one in round 1, which means we will rely heavily on a 2nd or 3rd round plus Epps. 

Couldn't be anymore with you on this one. It's sickening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Shefter pretty much shot the idea of Watson to the Eagles down completely. 

Yep. The national guys have had all the scoops on Watson so if there is any validity to this we will here about it at some point today. 

It’s almost certainly just untrue. 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yep. The national guys have had all the scoops on Watson so if there is any validity to this we will here about it at some point today. 

It’s almost certainly just untrue. 

Benjamin Albright who is plugged in is now saying eagles Watson without saying it