2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I find it odd that we are never mentioned as a matt ryan landing spot even thought matt ryan is from philadelphia and a fan of the eagles.

Would he be seen as much of an upgrade at this point?

I do think if Ryan does a vet backup circuit that he'll come back at some point.
Always seemed like a good dude, has the temperament you want for that kinda guy.

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

There’s always ways around the money. He is due some big bonus soon. Thus, his availability. Which might make him less expensive, compensation wise, to be acquired. Once he’s here we can tear up that contract. Give him that bonus, plus some, in his signing bonus and make his yearly salary minuscule. He’d be a perfect fit though and solve the pass rush problem for years. We replace Cox in the draft, maybe the kid from Georgia, and poof, DL for 3-5 years is straight. 

I just meant the price tag + the amount of draft compensation is a big pill to swallow for a team that isn't ready to get over the hump. If we could get him for a mid round pick I would be for it, but I have a feeling that isn't the case.

Love the player, but I think a patient offseason before going hard after a QB in the 2023 draft is a good idea.

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I just meant the price tag + the amount of draft compensation is a big pill to swallow for a team that isn't ready to get over the hump. If we could get him for a mid round pick I would be for it, but I have a feeling that isn't the case.

Love the player, but I think a patient offseason before going hard after a QB in the 2023 draft is a good idea.

You’re probably right. Any team trading for him will have to pony up a big contract. I think Howie could pull it off if he wanted it badly enough. But the compensation would be the question. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You’re probably right. Any team trading for him will have to pony up a big contract. I think Howie could pull it off if he wanted it badly enough. But the compensation would be the question. 

No question he could do it. And you are 100% right our DL would be stacked if we did.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m cool with it just like I said I was in my post before yours when talking about the ineptness of the Cowboys.

Same. It is comical to think that on the opening day of FA, instead of working the phones and doing his diligence he’s in Luries office swindling some back door options and monies from Jeff in an extension. Visions of Kiltys photshop work of that LotR scene.

“Just sign here, here and right back there.”

”What’s this one say?”

*cough* …just that I inherit the team after this contract… *cough*

”What was that?”

”Its just formalities, Jeff baby. I got my SB ring recently shined up. Did you see? Did you notice all my 1st round picks. Those are exciting.”

”Yea….shiny.” *signs*