2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What’s the ideal draft now assuming we make all 3 first round picks?

DT, DE, and ____? CB? LB? S? WR?

Sauce at CB, one of Johnson/Travon/Ojabo at DE, and then trade down from 19 and take either a WR/LB/DT- Probably DT (Wyatt/Jones/Davis), then trade up in the 2nd for a WR or S.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I meant realistically, but yes that scenario sounds awesome 👌🏻

I don't think this would be unrealistic:

Trade up to #10 with NYJ. Take Sauce.
Trade down from #16 to #22ish. Take Travis Jones (unless Johnson/Ojabo/Travon are there at 16)
Trade down from #19 to #25ish. Take Boye Mafe (maybe reverse the order of Mafe and Jones?)
Trade up in round 2. Take WR.
Trade back into mid/late round 2. Take S.

1-Sauce CB
1-Mafe DE
1-Jones DT
2-Pickens or Watson or Dotson WR (Could Treylon possibly slide to the 2nd?)
2-Pitre or Cine or Brisker or Cross  S

Rest of the draft doesn't matter. That's 4 starters, plus a rotational DE that will eventually start.

Just now, Jeezla said:

I don't think this would be unrealistic:

Trade up to #10 with NYJ. Take Sauce.
Trade down from #16 to #22ish. Take Travis Jones (unless Johnson/Ojabo/Travon are there at 16)
Trade down from #19 to #25ish. Take Boye Mafe (maybe reverse the order of Mafe and Jones?)
Trade up in round 2. Take WR.
Trade back into mid/late round 2. Take S.

1-Sauce CB
1-Mafe DE
1-Jones DT
2-Pickens or Watson or Dotson WR (Could Treylon possibly slide to the 2nd?)
2-Pitre or Cine or Brisker or Cross  S

Rest of the draft doesn't matter. That's 4 starters, plus a rotational DE that will eventually start.

I mean you did a pretty good job, but I’m not sure Sauce falls to 10 with how they are talking about him. I hear top 5 talk a lot for him. But, a small trade up like that can definitely be in the cards. I was more talking about you saying Sauce along with Walker Johnson or Ojabo. Walker and Sauce together is impossible for us and so probably is Johnson. Maybe Ojabo could slip to 16 in this scenario.

50 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Them posters who think the off-season is going fine not looking great right now. 

It is going fine for a team that's still rebuilding. Playoffs last year was just a treat. We're not spending dumb money on anyone when we got no shot at the SB this year. Haason was a great long term signing and we all know how they value guys like that. We resigned a few low key guys. Still got plenty of meat in FA out there and the draft still to come. 

Wouldn't be burning the house down just yet. I get it somewhat, I wanted a few of the guys that got signed but they were truly never realistic. We gotta build through the draft and steal a guy here and there in FA. 

• Like 2