2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You took me saying the off-season wasn’t going fine right now and turned it into me thinking we’re a Super Bowl contender with Jalen Hurts if we had signed Marcus Williams? How the hell does that even make sense? 

What would have made the offseason "good" instead of "not fine"? 

I'm just saying it sounds like you think we're having a bad offseason because we didn't make multiple splash signings outside of Reddick, and we let go of a declining vet. So what exactly were you hoping for? 

Maybe I’m weird, but nothing has upset me about this offseason. The Cox news would’ve hurt me 2 years ago. Now, I just want the team to save as much money possible on the worst contract left on the roster. That isn’t a knock on Fletcher’s career as an Eagle it just doesn’t make sense from a business standpoint anymore. Obviously them getting out now before even more is guaranteed is the best option. I don’t think Fletch would have even commanded much more than a late round pick in a trade. If he wants to come back for cheap he can.

I wasn’t even thinking too hard on EDGE for FA going in I just wanted a safety first and foremost. Reddick was a pleasant surprise though. He got about what I would’ve expected money wise and I think he could be a good fit in Gannon’s defense. He also seems like a high character guy and a leader. Someone who wants to be here most importantly.

We still have a lot of areas to shore up, but I can still see a couple more players at lesser salaries brought in for the secondary and receiver to allow us to go BPA pretty much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What would have made the offseason "good" instead of "not fine"? 

I'm just saying it sounds like you think we're having a bad offseason because we didn't make multiple splash signings outside of Reddick, and we let go of a declining vet. So what exactly were you hoping for? 

You show me where I was expecting multiple splash signings. 

The only thing I was expecting was to sign at least one the safeties who have went. I think I said in this thread before that I wanted Whitehead. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

The only thing I was expecting was to sign at least one the safeties who have went. I think I said in this thread before that I wanted Whitehead. 

I mean Whitehead would’ve been a good signing especially for the price, but Gannon may want more than just a guy who can play in the box and that’s really where Whitehead works best.

I said it "sounds like you expected multiple signings" not "You said you expect multiple signings"

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I said it "sounds like you expected multiple signings" not "You said you expect multiple signings"

You implied it the first time based on me saying the off-season isn’t going great. Now you said “it sounds like”, it sure seems like you’re trying to say I’ve made those claims. 

You implied it the first time based on me saying the off-season isn’t going great. Now you said “it sounds like”, it sure seems like you’re trying to say I’ve made those claims. 

Would signing one safety have really made that much difference?

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eagles just need to sign a solid depth piece at any position to hold fans over who are foaming at the mouth for us to do something. 😭🤔

Can you imagine how the fandom would be if they hadn't signed Reddick?

9 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The simple fact that yall can say this is a fine offseason, where we have not improved at a single position is just crazy to me. 

This "offseason" was always about pick 15, 16, and 19 for me. And not trading for a QB. I wouldn't mind not signing anyone! Carry all the cap into next year! Then go nuts. Maybe we'll have a QB then.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean Whitehead would’ve been a good signing especially for the price, but Gannon may want more than just a guy who can play in the box and that’s really where Whitehead works best.

I think this is really a missed point. Now that Gannon can dig in, we really have no idea what he needs. I mean, we do to an extent. But with the roster last year, we didn’t get to see the team in his vision, IMO. Like JJ always wanted to be strong up the middle. Maybe Gannon needs strong LB play and space eaters up front. I have no idea. But these defensive moves will probably start to make sense. 

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Can you imagine how the fandom would be if they hadn't signed Reddick?

I don’t wanna picture it. I said we probably won’t sign someone until late Monday or Tuesday morning and we did the Reddick move like 20 mins after I said that. I thought that would be enough to calm fans down a bit, but nah. Fans got a taste of postseason again and want Jaguars level activity in the first few days even though winning teams don’t build like that.

• Like 2