2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

For only a third that's not a bad deal.

I saw that teams are asking for a pick to take baker off the brown's hands lol 

I mean it isn't a bad deal for sure.... but Matt Ryan is far from what he was and this team isn't competing with some of the other rosters in the AFC. Reich and Ballard's days are numbered imo. They built a solid roster, but the QB is killing them.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean it isn't a bad deal for sure.... but Matt Ryan is far from what he was and this team isn't competing with some of the other rosters in the AFC. Reich and Ballard's days are numbered imo. They built a solid roster, but the QB is killing them.

I think Ryan could do well there 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Jameis back to the saints.

Falcons expected to sign Mariota. Might not even be a place for baker to go.

Yeah Houston clearly didn't want him.

Jets - Pats - Dolphins - Bills  - Maybe Jets or Dolphins but doubtful as they try to build up their young QBs.
Colts - Jags - Texans - Titans  - None, maybe Titans as a backup
Ravens - Steelers - Bengals - None and in division so unlikely 
Raiders - Broncos - KC - Chargers - none

Eagles - Giants - Wash - Cowboys  - If they are basically giving him away  & the other team doesn't need to take the $18 mil or are cutting him, I could see either us or the Giants bringing him in on flyer. Way more the Giants than Philly, but I'd be lying if i didnt see some chance of it. Would be Hurts as the starter going in though.

Panthers - Falcons - Saints - Bucs  - If Falcons are going Mariota and Saints went back to Winston, Panthers are probably the most likely spot..but they are probably gonna draft a guy too.

Packers - Bears - Lions - Vikings - Lions could absorb that money in year 2 of that rebuild. Neither Goff nor Baker will be the guy long term, let them compete.

Seahawks - Niners - Cardinals - Rams - Seahawks only have Drew Lock now, would probably be fine bringing him in to compete.

So Panthers, Seahawks or Lions...maybe Giants. If they cut him ant we trade Minshew I guess I could see us being unfortunately in the 6-7 spot of places he might go.

The interesting part is why Watson was so steadfast in his refusal to come to Philadelphia from start to finish in this entire saga. The principles aren’t going on record anytime soon but the strongly held belief around the league is that Watson’s aversion to the Eagles had to do with his loyalty to Jalen Hurts.

Sources familiar with Watson’s sentiments pointed to the relationship built between the two players in the offseason through the connection of working with the same QB trainer, Quincy Avery.

29 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah Houston clearly didn't want him.

Jets - Pats - Dolphins - Bills  - Maybe Jets or Dolphins but doubtful as they try to build up their young QBs.
Colts - Jags - Texans - Titans  - None, maybe Titans as a backup
Ravens - Steelers - Bengals - None and in division so unlikely 
Raiders - Broncos - KC - Chargers - none

Eagles - Giants - Wash - Cowboys  - If they are basically giving him away  & the other team doesn't need to take the $18 mil or are cutting him, I could see either us or the Giants bringing him in on flyer. Way more the Giants than Philly, but I'd be lying if i didnt see some chance of it. Would be Hurts as the starter going in though.

Panthers - Falcons - Saints - Bucs  - If Falcons are going Mariota and Saints went back to Winston, Panthers are probably the most likely spot..but they are probably gonna draft a guy too.

Packers - Bears - Lions - Vikings - Lions could absorb that money in year 2 of that rebuild. Neither Goff nor Baker will be the guy long term, let them compete.

Seahawks - Niners - Cardinals - Rams - Seahawks only have Drew Lock now, would probably be fine bringing him in to compete.

So Panthers, Seahawks or Lions...maybe Giants. If they cut him ant we trade Minshew I guess I could see us being unfortunately in the 6-7 spot of places he might go.

I would guess the Seahawks were the team that wanted a pick to take his contract. Panthers already have a bad qb on his 5th year guaranteed deal. The lions eh just stock with Goff and get a new qb.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, T-rade said:

The interesting part is why Watson was so steadfast in his refusal to come to Philadelphia from start to finish in this entire saga. The principles aren’t going on record anytime soon but the strongly held belief around the league is that Watson’s aversion to the Eagles had to do with his loyalty to Jalen Hurts.

Sources familiar with Watson’s sentiments pointed to the relationship built between the two players in the offseason through the connection of working with the same QB trainer, Quincy Avery.

It's nice to have some incite to that at least