Was the playoffs expansion worth it?

kramxel

1 hour ago, ViolenceIsYourFriend said:

Keep it. There will be more competitive teams that make it into those seeds over time. This was a weird year where two bleh teams made it in only to run into, IMO, the two Super Bowl teams. 

Was there a long run of teams in previous years #7 teams that had SB potential?

These are now essentially the average teams in each conference.

It isn't like Bengals/Raiders or Cowboys/49ers were all that good either.  I mean they weren't blow-outs like those games but neither the Raiders or the Cowboys had much control in their games.

I've never found the Wildcard round to be all that good tbh.  The divisional round is where its at.

6 games is too good to pass up. WC weekend has finally surpassed divisional weekend. Not a fan of MNF but it is better than noon on Saturday. We just had a very heavy top half this year. This is one of the deepest fields in recent memory at the top half. Eagles and Steelers were just happy to be playing those team.

The Saturday games may be a dud, but Sunday slate is looking fantastic next week.

Edited by WheatieMan

Also, I think they want these prime time WC games behind the MLK Holiday. It's a good respite for fans to catch their breath and not have to worry about a cold day at the office. I also feel they want the SB on President's Day weekend, but then they'd add a three week layoff between CCGs and SB. Plus, I think they will respect Daytona and leave the SB where it is now (2nd Sunday of February instead of 3rd). 

I don't see 18 games happening any time soon. I think they need 17 for the international series. That's the only place to capture significant market share.

Overall, it's a win. 2 MNF games is also a good idea. Not a fan on TNF and would prefer that to start later in the year, like post Thanksgiving. 

Edited by WheatieMan