Divisional Round GDT - Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can we please use some context? Lol

Was not needed to throw the ball vs Minny/GB in the 4th quarter. That's mainly off the Chiefs game where he was like 3-11 or something stupid with a INT. And then obviously against Dallas he threw that INT.

So nah, those stats are misleading as hell. 

So the context is that at best, we didn't need him, at worst didn't trust him. 

Those numbers are awful. He's been bad. He was bad against Minnesota before we took the ball out of his hands. 

Want me to trust you, show that you can do what I'm putting my faith in you to do. He hasn't done that

• Like 1

Doesn't make me feel any different about Jimmy other than that I have no reason to trust him in the playoffs at the current point in time which is a separate issue. Doesn't change how I feel about him in a vacuum and where I believe he fits in the starting NFL QB rankings. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

So the context is that at best, we didn't need him, at worst didn't trust him. 

Those numbers are awful. He's been bad. He was bad against Minnesota before we took the ball out of his hands. 

Want me to trust you, show that you can do what I'm putting my faith in you to do. He hasn't done that

You are now trying to twist what I said to another argument. My point was that I trust Jimmy more than I do Alex in getting it done in a must have drive. You then posted something about him having the worst QB rating in the 4th quarter in playoff history...With me telling you that he didn't even need to do anything in two of those games since it was a blowout. He failed miserably against the Chiefs, no one is denying that. Then we saw against Dallas how he airmailed that pass over Sherfield's head, but still, he didn't really need to score at the end of that game. 

I already said two days ago he has yet to play a good playoff game from start to finish. If you want to say that you don't trust him to ever play a good game in the playoffs or he needs to show you once before you believe it? Cool, but to say you think the lights are too big for him to get it done in the 4th quarter? Nah, sorry not having that since he's only had one opportunity thus far. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You are now trying to twist what I said to another argument. My point was that I trust Jimmy more than I do Alex in getting it done in a must have drive. You then posted something about him having the worst QB rating in the 4th quarter in playoff history...With me telling you that he didn't even need to do anything in two of those games since it was a blowout. He failed miserably against the Chiefs, no one is denying that. Then we saw against Dallas how he airmailed that pass over Sherfield's head, but still, he didn't really need to score at the end of that game. 

I already said two days ago he has yet to play a good playoff game from start to finish. If you want to say that you don't trust him to ever play a good game in the playoffs or he needs to show you once before you believe it? Cool, but to say you think the lights are too big for him to get it done in the 4th quarter? Nah, sorry not having that since he's only had one opportunity thus far. 

I was posting the numbers (which are his overall numbers)...the embedded tweet was Javy's...but because it was a reply to another tweet, the OP posts as well. 

I think the lights of the playoffs have been to big for him in general...nevermind too big for him in the 4th quarter. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was posting the numbers (which are his overall numbers)...the embedded tweet was Javy's...but because it was a reply to another tweet, the OP posts as well. 

Original response by me was trusting Jimmy to get it done over Alex down the stretch............

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Original response by me was trusting Jimmy to get it done over Alex down the stretch............

If I don't trust Jimmy to play well in quarters 1, 2 or 3...I probably don't trust him to get things done in quarter 4.

Also, Alex had 5 game winning drives in 2011. Not sure it was so surprising that he could make that drive happen. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I really don't get why fans care about this so much lol. Like why shouldn't the Packers be the favorites here? Playing at home as the #1 seed with the MVP. Of course majority of the people will be picking them.

Agreed, especially with Jimmy having another injury, plus bosa and Fred, Ambry all dealing with injuries. the easy bet is to go with the healthy fresh Packers. 

22 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Sounds like Fred is most likely going to play and seems the same could be true for Bosa.

We really don't need twitter/inside sources on Bosa... the return-to-play protocol has defined stages and you can see him progressing through those stages each day.

"The return protocol is broken down into a five-step process that includes:

1. Symptom Limited Activity
  2. Aerobic Exercise
  3. Football Specific Exercise
  4. Club-based non-contact training
  5. Full football activity/clearance

To reach "Full football activity," the final step in the return protocol, a player must be cleared by a club physician and examined by the independent Neurological Consultant assigned to the team. Only if both the team and independent physician agree can the player return to practice and game play."

I believe Bosa was on step 2 yesterday, he'll move through step 4 on Friday and be cleared to play on Sat.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

If I don't trust Jimmy to play well in quarters 1, 2 or 3...I probably don't trust him to get things done in quarter 4.

Also, Alex had 5 game winning drives in 2011. Not sure it was so surprising that he could make that drive happen. 

2011 Alex, in 2021 Kyle's offense, would probably be a pretty exciting thing to watch. I think the players around him would praise his leadership just as much. I think Alex probably had a better arm than Jimmy. Jimmy the quicker release, though. Accuracy probably goes to Alex. Mobility, Alex. Jimmy probably a slightly better feel for the pocket. Intelligence and mastery of the playbook... give Alex 4 years in the system, and I have no doubt he's at least as good as Jimmy or better. 

All this being said, we don't live in an alternate history, so we have Jimmy here and now. Do I believe in him in a 4th quarter in the playoffs? History so far has shown that... I hope Kyle has a great game plan that doesn't require a 4th quarter winning drive. If Jimmy does pull off a game winning drive, it would be epic for sure. What makes it even more epic, is that it would be shocking. And what makes it shocking, it's that for the most part, people don't believe in it, just like nobody believed in Alex's win against the Saints. I believe Jimmy has the potential to pull it off. But he hasn't done it in the playoffs so far. Let alone with a torn thumb and sprained shoulder, and whatever other ailment he'll end up with on Saturday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I really don't get why fans care about this so much lol. Like why shouldn't the Packers be the favorites here? Playing at home as the #1 seed with the MVP. Of course majority of the people will be picking them.

Lol wasn't Adam Rank the guy that predicted the Niners would go 3-13 in 2019