GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

The issue isn't "Does Tannehill suck?"  The issue is "Are Tannehill's flaws and low ceiling too much for us to overcome to win a Super Bowl with him?"

I've always been hard on Tannehill, and deservedly so, but no lol, he doesn't "suck."  I could easily name 10 QBs that I wouldn't want over him.  But the issue is that despite how good our roster is, his flaws and choke artistry are probably going to be too much to overcome.  Tannehill would be great for us in 2017 coming off those back to back dud years and a single 9-7 season.  We probably would've won 10 or 11 games with him back then, and we'd be ecstatic, because that's the point we were at.  But now that we have a roster that should be winning Super Bowls, he holds us back.

44 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it hasn't actually mattered who the OC is. last year it was kalif raymond, this year it was NWI. if we're getting the same results across coordinators, that suggests to me that either tannehill isn't smart enough to get us into a look where the ball is going to AJ/julio in a crucial spot, or vrabel isn't smart enough to tell his OCs that that's what's going to need to happen. damning either way.

His decision making has been bad all year. He thought it was a good idea to throw to Khalif last year. 

And you finally have your WRs and you force it to nwi. 

Just sad. 

I don't care about the call.  That last I interception he wasn't rushed. He wasn't under pressure. 

He tried to gun it in like he has tried multiple times this year. 

We got everything we wanted. A run game. WRs making plays. Line keeping him clean.  Defense playing dominating football. 

The one thing that was off was Tanny throwing 3 Ints. 

He will likely be the QB next year and I don't expect much more than what we did this year if not worst. 

but yeah, for as bad as tannehill is, i'm also just sick and tired of this "guhhhh Pound Da Rock" offense. it's stone age crap and nobody wins super bowls with it. that doesn't mean never abandon the run game- obviously the shanahans, lafleurs, and mcvays of the world know as well as we do that it's important to run the ball- but the extent to which we lean on it and our total lack of creativity in the passing game is just so old, man. look at how shanahan gets guys wide open for jimmy g, who is literally worse than tannehill, all day every day. and then look at us.

• Like 1

Just now, renndawg37 said:

Your standards for good QB play must be very low. He had like 3 good games all season. And yes, I'm well ware he didn't have much help but come on man...

Yeah, guess me, PFF and the statistical evaluation of EPA and CPOE all just have really low standards, despite the last 3 of those all having proven to be a great indicator of QB success. When Tannehill had actual targets to throw to, he was a top 8-12 QB in the league.

He's not elite/great. He's solid though. It gets far, far, FAR worse than him.

It's hard to win a super bowl with someone who isn't elite/great, though.

Just now, KingTitan said:

His decision making has been bad all year. He thought it was a good idea to throw to Khalif last year. 

Just sad. 

I don't care about the call.  That last I interception he wasn't rushed. He wasn't under pressure. 

We got everything we wanted. A run game. WRs making plays. Line keeping him clean.  Defense playing dominating football. 

He will likely be the QB next year and I don't expect much more than what we did this year if not worst. 

Is it just me, or does it feel like Tannehill is just kind of like a robot on some plays?  What I mean is, it's like he just doesn't actually read the defense.  He's programmed to hit this one specific route no matter what.

"This is the route I'm supposed to throw to, so I throw it."  It's like watching someone play Madden sometimes.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just sad. 

the thing about tannehill this year is that i can understand the reduced TD numbers, lower YPA, efficiency etc on the basis of all the injuries. that all makes sense. but the dude made it rain interceptions and it was just the worst crap you'll ever see in your life. ask yourself how tannehill would've done behind the bengals OL today. we all know the answer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kookie23 said:

Is it just me, or does it feel like Tannehill is just kind of like a robot on some plays?  What I mean is, it's like he just doesn't actually read the defense.  He's programmed to hit this one specific route no matter what.

"This is the route I'm supposed to throw to, so I throw it."  It's like watching someone play Madden sometimes.

Like he struggles to see the field. Which is just stupid when it's 2 man routes. 

But it is like he makes up in his mind. Im making this throw. 

I hate it here. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Like he struggles to see the field. Which is just stupid when it's 2 man routes. 

But it is like he makes up in his mind. Im making this throw. 

I hate it here. 

KT went from being the supportive never give up dad to the whining teenage sister in less than two years. This team can put you through the ringer, man. No doubt about that.😄

The offense has a lot of one-read throws that we’ve recycled for three years. Felt like this was the year defenses adjusted to them and we never moved out of them. That hard PA in route to Julio on the first play was obviously one of them.

Obviously you’d like your QB to occasionally move out of them, but I still have no idea what kind of freedom Tannehill has in this offense.

• Like 1

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

KT went from being the supportive never give up dad to the whining teenage sister in less than two years. This team can put you through the ringer, man. No doubt about that.😄

Seeing a Super Bowl roster getting wasted will do that to ya.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Man. Getting older. Try not to live and die with this team. And truthfully I don't. But it's just stupid. 

But call it whining all you want. If you can't see the generational failures of this franchise by now it says more about you than me. 

• Like 3