GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The offense has a lot of one-read throws that we’ve recycled for three years. Felt like this was the year defenses adjusted to them and we never moved out of them. That hard PA in route to Julio on the first play was obviously one of them.

And obviously it can work. But consistently?  

After a while you gonna need your QB to make a read and make a throw. 

I don't think they feel Tannehill can do that constantly. Evidence suggests they don't. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Man. Getting older. Try not to live and die with this team. And truthfully I don't. But it's just stupid. 

But call it whining all you want. If you can't see the generational failures of this franchise by now it says more about you than me. 

Some of us are old enough to know what happens when you don't take advantage of having a stacked roster while you still can.  Remember the great purge in the middle 2000s?  

I do.  And we're staring down it in a year or 2 I'd say.

• Like 1

Truthfully, watching the Bengals offense is what our offense has the potential to be if we would finally get away with fisherball. The ability to spread the ball around and still run the football. I feel like we condense our offense so much and run such vanilla route concepts. We have Julio, AJ, and Henry. We could easily add another weapon( we need another weapon) so NWI is nothing more then a number 4 and special teams.

Just now, Kookie23 said:

Some of us are old enough to know what happens when you don't take advantage of having a stacked roster while you still can.  Remember the great purge in the middle 2000s?  

I do.  And we're staring down it in a year or 2 I'd say.

And it doesn't get any easier in the AFC. No Brady. KC wasn't super. No Watson or threat in the division. 

The path doesn't get any easier. And we blew it. 

Man. Getting older. Try not to live and die with this team. And truthfully I don't. But it's just stupid. 

But call it whining all you want. If you can't see the generational failures of this franchise by now it says more about you than me. 

I mean, I pretty much agree with you, I just don't see it as cut and dry as you do. It's not one thing where, "this guy sucks" or "that guy sucks", I would put some more context into it. The overall setup of the offense is bad, and it begins with Downing, and trickles down from there.

And obviously it can work. But consistently?  

After a while you gonna need your QB to make a read and make a throw. 

I don't think they feel Tannehill can do that constantly. Evidence suggests they don't. 

Our entire passing offense is centered around play-action.  How many times do we actually just drop back to pass?  It feels like we never do.  And when we do it's a disaster.  lol

• Like 1

As someone that has long complained about the lack of fan support in Nashville, today is just so tough. Really felt like this was a big chance to draw the city in. Crowd was better than it’s been in over a decade, all of the former players coming in to interact with the fans. Felt like a turning point. Even if it ended in a loss next week. 

This just makes it so easy for everyone to go back to same old Titans.

Just now, titans0021 said:

As someone that has long complained about the lack of fan support in Nashville, today is just so tough. Really felt like this was a big chance to draw the city in. Crowd was better than it’s been in over a decade, all of the former players coming in to interact with the fans. Felt like a turning point. Even if it ended in a loss next week. 

This just makes it so easy for everyone to go back to same old Titans.

they should until we give them literally one reason to think otherwise.

Just now, 615finest said:

I hope we bring in Kelly or even Gruden for OC.. That would make me feel somewhat better

I just don't see it in our DNA.  We're too "traditional."  And when we do, it backfires, and scares us back into super conservative decision-making ie Mularkey.  Someone in the organization has to change, Amy has to be bold, something, or else we're just going to keep doing this "we pound the rock unga bunga" stuff.  I know we all love Henry, he is a HOFer, but a running back cannot win you a Super Bowl by himself these days.  It's never, ever going to happen without a passing attack.  We have to get modern.