GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

including playoffs, he led the nfl with 4. and if he had thrown as many touchdowns as mahomes and burrow we wouldn't be having this conversation. fake news, lol. come on.

I get it, it's just funny that we leave all the context out of it. I think it's fair to say Tannehill's numbers would look pretty infinitely better than they do if he had a real offense to work with all season. This is not dismissing the playoff game. Not in the slightest. Let me reiterate, Tannehill was bad on Saturday. You act like Tannehill hasn't basically matched what Mahomes has been in the regular season since 2018 up until this year. Either you think he's regressed, Downing ruined him, or a little of both. I don't really care which since neither is really provable since he worked with nothing more than half the year. If he's bad next year, I'll be on the same train as you guys are, but we're pulling the hook WAYYYY too early here.

36 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I mean Mahomes and Burrow have weapons at receiver! We only have AJ Brown and Julio Jones! Get Tannehill some actual receivers, then he'll tear it up!

/s.

Agreed and while we had Julio and AJ both play I do think it was a huge issue that they had so few actual game action together on the year.   You need game action and more importantly game tape to see how teams react to what you do so you can make adjustments and Tanny can read it real time. 

Though I do think Baston is a nice addition we do need 1 more talent in the receiving core..

27 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Dude is a bozo. Like I realize they won but I damn sure wouldn’t be jumping on Twitter to talk **** after giving 9 sacks.

Them the rules. Win you get to be a jerk. He done stuck it to us 2 times now with wins. 
Next time don't let the Bengals come in and beat you. 
Team has to eat all the comments. 

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It begins with a failure at the call. And it ends with the failure of the player. I'll say that then. 
I partially believe he got baited into the throw. Don't know for sure, but film study probably said he will quick throw into the blitz.

Defender made a good play. 
I feel they knew what he was going to do if given this look. 
All the explanation or shining up his performance doesn't change to me that he cost us the game. 

Defenders were better than Tanny multiple times this year and multiple times in the game. At some point, it's not a hat tip to the defender it's a failure of the offensive player.

This is what I mean that it's not on Tannehill. Same play, same blitzing nickel, same throw, different outcome. Obviously, it's not ideal that Hilton was clearly onto it from the very first time they tried it, but that's for someone else to be held accountable.

Also, FWIW, I know I saw somewhere that Hilton is like top 5 among cornerbacks in blitzing snaps since he entered the league. Maybe they tried to take advantage of that tendency a little, but I still think it was a mistake to draw up basically the same play, knowing that he's clearly playing the pass all along. 

7 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

First thing i said after the game was "Im done i cant take it anymore"

Im full of ish

Im going to be talking to Titans fans every where

Im going to follow all the accounts of Titans fans who break down film and cap situations all that good stuff

I wish i could just be a casual fan and just play fantasy football and not care but i will never stop caring which is on me 

But like you say its just in my DNA and its so true

My layoff of football lasted all of 15 hours. We lost I was done, distraught. I didn't care about it anymore. 1 olcock Sunday I'm all over Twitter and this site reading about the Titans. We are cursed my man. I blame 10 year old me loving the crap out of the new uniforms and Eddie George. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

My layoff of football lasted all of 15 hours. We lost I was done, distraught. I didn't care about it anymore. 1 olcock Sunday I'm all over Twitter and this site reading about the Titans. We are cursed my man. I blame 10 year old me loving the crap out of the new uniforms and Eddie George. 

It was a magical run when they first started. Me being at the Music City miracle, I been chasing that high ever since. 

10 minutes ago, capton_cutclass said:

The Blasingame play...I keep going back to that one...

That was the one that told me it's not our day.

Tannehill can throw picks and still win but not if guys around him dont execute.

Heard on the radio a guy left a party and went home with that first int. He said he knew were gonna lose so he went home and tuned in and out to avoid being a jerk at the party. 

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I get it, it's just funny that we leave all the context out of it. I think it's fair to say Tannehill's numbers would look pretty infinitely better than they do if he had a real offense to work with all season. This is not dismissing the playoff game. Not in the slightest. Let me reiterate, Tannehill was bad on Saturday. You act like Tannehill hasn't basically matched what Mahomes has been in the regular season since 2018 up until this year. Either you think he's regressed, Downing ruined him, or a little of both. I don't really care which since neither is really provable since he worked with nothing more than half the year. If he's bad next year, I'll be on the same train as you guys are, but we're pulling the hook WAYYYY too early here.

Please don’t ever say Tannehill was matching Mahomes in anything, I told you from the jump you look at stats, stats don’t tell the whole thing. Yes there #s were similar but Tannehill doesn’t have the responsibility of a NFL offense on his arm like Mahomes, that’s his offense Tannehill plays within a system. Now I’m not off the Tannehill bandwagon as I’ve always sad since the beginning we can win with Tannehill he’s a high efficient game manager he just need a cheat code at OC, kinda how Sean McVay was to Goff. He needs a OC that can simplify the game for give him the answers pre snap, scheme players open. He doesn’t read the whole field. 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Please don’t ever say Tannehill was matching Mahomes in anything, I told you from the jump you look at stats, stats don’t tell the whole thing. Yes there #s were similar but Tannehill doesn’t have the responsibility of a NFL offense on his arm like Mahomes, that’s his offense Tannehill plays within a system. Now I’m not off the Tannehill bandwagon as I’ve always sad since the beginning we can win with Tannehill he’s a high efficient game manager he just need a cheat code at OC, kinda how Sean McVay was to Goff. He needs a OC that can simplify the game for give him the answers pre snap, scheme players open. He doesn’t read the whole field. 

So I can't say Tannehill matches Mahomes in anything, but then you admit their numbers were basically identical? I would also say that Mahomes has a pretty genius offensive staff in Reid and Bieniemy, lets not act like Mahomes is out there doing it up with a slew of talentless bums. He's been surrounded by a top 2 offense since he took over. Alex Smith had that offense top 5 when he left. Mahomes is definitely more talented than Tannehill, but I'm sorry, I'm not clamoring to get rid of the best QB in Titans franchise history over a bad year that had many, many outliers.

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

So I can't say Tannehill matches Mahomes in anything, but then you admit their numbers were basically identical? I would also say that Mahomes has a pretty genius offensive staff in Reid and Bieniemy, lets not act like Mahomes is out there doing it up with a slew of talentless bums. He's been surrounded by a top 2 offense since he took over. Alex Smith had that offense top 5 when he left. Mahomes is definitely more talented than Tannehill, but I'm sorry, I'm not clamoring to get rid of the best QB in Titans franchise history over a bad year that had many, many outliers.

Oh I’m not trying to get rid of Tannehill & I agree he’s the best QB we ever had, I’m just saying though he has the stats he’s not ask to do what mahome does. Yes Alex smith had that same offense & even better 1 considering he had a 1500 yard lead rusher in kareem Hunt, but Mahomes did what Alex couldn’t & that was pushed the ball vertically he unlocked their offensive fire power. Andy Reid is a genius but Mahomes is reading the defense the entire field, manipulating safeties making throws that very few QB’s can make. Comparing the 2 is like comparing MJ vs kobe when kobe played with Shaq. 
MJ is Mahomes right Tannehill is kobe. Kobe can score 50 just like MJ the difference though is kobe get his easier, playing with Shaq kobe gets to go 1 on 1 guys are doubling Shaq, where as MJ is facing double team triple team giving you 50.

Tannehill has similar stats as Mahomes but Tannehill sees single coverages a lot because teams load up the box to stop Henry, ain’t nobody loading up the box to stop Mahomes @Mesa_Titan you feel me. He’s seeing far more coverages