Raiders moving on from GM Mike Mayock

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

Feel like he got a raw deal. It was clear all decisions were made by gruden. I truly don't think may I actually got to make any pics he wanted to. The pics that the Raiders took don't go by the same formula that may upgraded players when he did his top fives NFL Network

So he didn't have the balls to resign when he was just a yes man? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Rather get the younger guy who's been in the league recently and not the guy who can't lead teams to beat those with equivalent talent in the college game. There are no Rutgers and Illinois in the NFL. They're all OSU, MSU and bowl games. 

Michigan don't have equivalent talent to OSU, and his NFL record is exceptional and as good as basically any coach in history through 3 seasons. I don't hugely care what he did in the minor leagues.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I have no idea, but he didn't stop whoever was making the draft picks either.

If you have no idea, why did you say what you did with certainty?

I'm also not sure how he would "stop" Gruden (assuming) from making picks bc I'm fairly certain he had quite a bit say in who was drafted. Based on what we know about the two, I wouldn't be shocked to learn Mayock had more say in later rounds while Gruden had it in early rounds. That's just my feelings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Michigan don't have equivalent talent to OSU, and his NFL record is exceptional and as good as basically any coach in history through 3 seasons. I don't hugely care what he did in the minor leagues.

Michigan had recruiting classes that ranked very close to OSU's majority of the time. They were always better than MSU's as well and the bowl game teams will differ each time. It's important to focus on the entire comment and not just the part that helps nail home the point you want to be true. Then again, you think Aaron Donald is just a run stopper so I need to remember who I'm talking to. 

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Michigan had recruiting classes that ranked very close to OSU's majority of the time. They were always better than MSU's as well and the bowl game teams will differ each time. It's important to focus on the entire comment and not just the part that helps nail home the point you want to be true. Then again, you think Aaron Donald is just a run stopper so I need to remember who I'm talking to. 

I never said Aaron Donald was just a run stopper, you are a dishonest liar - I'd forgotten that. 

Harbaugh greatly improved Michigan just like he has absolutely every other place he has coached, that is a fact. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

I never said Aaron Donald was just a run stopper, you are a dishonest liar - I'd forgotten that. 

Harbaugh greatly improved Michigan just like he has absolutely every other place he has coached, that is a fact. 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/36198-2022-nfl-draft-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4280306

You said, when quoting a post about Donald, that you can "find a run stopper fairly easy". 

There's a reason OSU fans don't want Harbaugh to leave. Feel free to believe whatever you want though. You obviously just want the name and not the production. 

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/36198-2022-nfl-draft-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4280306

You said, when quoting a post about Donald, that you can "find a run stopper fairly easy". 

There's a reason OSU fans don't want Harbaugh to leave. Feel free to believe whatever you want though. You obviously just want the name and not the production. 

Totally dishonest. Sad.

And Michigan fans are desperate for him to stay, he demonstrably has improved every place he has been and has more playoff wins than our franchise does in the last 2 decades. He left the NFL 8 years ago. 

Production = divisional crowns and SB appearances? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justone2 said:

NFL Network should sign him back. Draft coverage ain't the same without him and this experience might give him some different perspectives.

If he humbles himself some, maybe.  Dude towards the end was reaching Kiper levels of "How dare you question/disagree with me."  Jeremiah pretty clearly recognized that that was something that was rubbing a number of fans the wrong way and went out of his way to avoid such behavior.  A lot of NFL Network guys bought hard on their own hype, and the ones that didn't sure got scooped up quick by other networks (Nate Burleson - not as a draft analyst but as a studio personality and commentator).

Since Gruden is poison right now and won't be returning there, there's a very real part of me that wants to see Disney/ESPN break the bank for Mayock just so we can see whose head goes full-Scanners first when Mayock and Kiper adamantly disagree on an eval or pick.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Just need Telesco fired now to balance out this sad news.

Honestly wouldn't make a difference even if he was (and that's not happening for another decade safely) because JohnBoy will just hire another sycophant who won't tell him he's making a dumb move when he's doing exactly that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I think this was a Mark Davis decision to say you can do the scouting recruiting makes all the calls. It probably paid a hell of a lot better than NFL Network so he probably said screw it what do I got to lose

I think Mike had a lot more to do with personnel decisions, especially who we drafted, then people will acknowledge or accept. And his draft history when he worked in an NFL front office definitely hurts his persona as a "draft guru."