2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Please show me the 104 players that ranked ahead of Ezekiel Elliott in those statistics so I can laugh @ most of those players. 

You don't even know who those 104 players are, do you? 

please don't post made up stats like those without highlighting the "104 players ahead of him" 🤭

Do your own research, I am not your errand boy.

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

You're the one showing me some other guys Twitter research but you can't even prove his studies 🤭

I dont need to prove his studies. I trust Adam, as does every member in here. He has been the face of Cowboys statistical analysis for 2 decades. 

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont need to prove his studies. I trust Adam, as does every member in here. He has been the face of Cowboys statistical analysis for 2 decades. 

Funny how Adam didn't show the list of players and that's because most of those players on that "list" aren't even RBs but instead they're WRs and TEs 🤭

3 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Funny how Adam didn't show the list of players and that's because most of those players on that "list" aren't even RBs but instead they're WRs and TEs 🤭

Do you seek out conflict? Just asking. Because it sure seems like it. Just drop it so we don't derail another thread, k? Final warning.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

https://overthecap.com/player/blake-jarwin/6230/

We save almost $4m by cutting him. If we can get Schultz in the ~$8m range, this seems like a no brainer. The franchise is nearly $11m for Schultz; which is a little rich for my blood. But cutting Jarwin makes it more tolerable. 

I think you are dreaming on an $8m/y price tag for Schultz.

Hunter Henry ($12.5), Jonny Smith ($12.5), Austin Hooper ($10.5) all signed for quite a bit more when salary cap was lower. Dallas Goedert just re-signed at $14.5m.

Maybe he gets left out on musical chairs in FA. But I am pretty confident he and his agent would laugh at an $8m/y offer right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think you are dreaming on an $8m/y price tag for Schultz.

Hunter Henry ($12.5), Jonny Smith ($12.5), Austin Hooper ($10.5) all signed for quite a bit more when salary cap was lower. Dallas Goedert just re-signed at $14.5m.

Maybe he gets left out on musical chairs in FA. But I am pretty confident he and his agent would laugh at an $8m/y offer right now.

Probably. But its still the offer where I think Cowboys "win" the negotiations. Once we get over ~$10m, I think we are over paying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

https://overthecap.com/player/blake-jarwin/6230/

We save almost $4m by cutting him. If we can get Schultz in the ~$8m range, this seems like a no brainer. The franchise is nearly $11m for Schultz; which is a little rich for my blood. But cutting Jarwin makes it more tolerable. 

Think about it.

The TE Franchise Tag for 2022 is worth $10.8M; there is absolutely no way he's settling for anything less than the Franchise Tag.

This kid is only 25 years of age while just coming off of borderline top 10 (2020) and Top 5 (2021) TE production and was just featured as a Pass Catching TE within an NFL Offensive Attack that ranked #1 in both Yards (#1) and Points Scored (#1) and was a big piece to Big-D's #1 Ranked Offense. 

Not only does this recent Blake Jarwin news give the agent of Dalton Schultz more leverage amongst the Cowboys in terms of contract negotiations but with 5 teams such as Cincinnati/Chargers/Miami/Jacksonville and my Jets all being absolutely fully loaded in Available Salary Cap Space; there will become a bidding war for the rights to his FA TE services and he's easily going to land a $14-$16M per year type of contract (because his type of TE production doesn't just grow off of trees). 

And you're only willing to offer him $8M per season and/or $10M @ the max? Both his agent and Dalton Schultz himself would feel disrespected and laugh that offer off of the negotiations table.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships