2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

9 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This statement is problematic. One can look to Josh Allen to see whey it doesn't work.

Don't care about Josh frickin Allen! Poor coaching is the answer to that one.

I'm saying trying to rebuild an offensive line so that they can protect Dak for 7 seconds without taking a holding penalty and trusting his accuracy is too much to ask, imo. Dak isn't THAT guy. He is slow with his decision making and his accuracy is inconsistent at best.

I believe building the O line with maulers, which is easier than pass blocking AND the linemen like it more, while feeding the running game will benefit Dak more.

Given that we have him for, how many more years?

But I believe Dak plays his best if he is complimenting the running game, thus taking the onus off of him for opposing defenses.

Edited by Rtnldave

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

We have 6 years worth of tape that directly contradicts this. 

Okay, you get your tape and then show me tape from Ariz, SF and KC.

You know, maybe he played so well early in his career because he had a monster running game.

Once that crapped out, he seems to have list a step in his accuracy and decision making.

And, again, stats can be misleading. He had the luxury of playing the NFC east for 6 games. Big numbers there huh?

How did he do against the West?

1-5???

Of those teams:

KC, LV, Denv, Ariz, SF

4 made the playoffs.

So, against better competition, he does not fare well.

But, whatever. Matt's, I really admire your ability to analyze and quantify all of this in stats and numbers.

But I just don't see Dak as the type of QB that can lead us to a title in the manner that you and others advocate.

I think he can do it, but he will be more of a Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer or Payton Manning with Denver (he was horrible), type game manager more than a Russell Wilson or Tom Brady type.

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I think he can do it, but he will be more of a Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer or Payton Manning with Denver (he was horrible), type game manager more than a Russell Wilson or Tom Brady type

I am completely lost how you can watch him week in and week out and believe this. But then again, half our fanbase hated Romo, so I guess I shouldnt be too surprised. 

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

Right!

You are confusing me even more. I seriously dont understand the thought process behind your complaints on Dak. I want to understand your stance - - but I truly dont get it. 

Dak doesnt hold the ball forever. There are literally 6 years of data showing he gets the ball out quickly. But when you have 4 WRs going against 7 people in coverage, there is no 'quick/easy' pass. It doesnt exist. And there is literally not a single QB in NFL history who can consistently put up respectable production while being man handled by a 4 man rush. We literally were both on this site and knew each other as Eli won 2 superbowls with that same formula. Have a front 4 that kills OLs. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are confusing me even more. I seriously dont understand the thought process behind your complaints on Dak. I want to understand your stance - - but I truly dont get it. 

Dak doesnt hold the ball forever. There are literally 6 years of data showing he gets the ball out quickly. But when you have 4 WRs going against 7 people in coverage, there is no 'quick/easy' pass. It doesnt exist. And there is literally not a single QB in NFL history who can consistently put up respectable production while being man handled by a 4 man rush. We literally were both on this site and knew each other as Eli won 2 superbowls with that same formula. Have a front 4 that kills OLs. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/legendary-cowboys-wr-michael-irvin-calls-out-dak-prescott-ezekiel-elliott-and-ceedee-lamb-for-playing-like-role-players/

Don't take my word for it. Listen to the Play Maker.

To be fair, he does call out Zeke and Lamb.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

https://www.sportscasting.com/legendary-cowboys-wr-michael-irvin-calls-out-dak-prescott-ezekiel-elliott-and-ceedee-lamb-for-playing-like-role-players/

Don't take my word for it. Listen to the Play Maker.

To be fair, he does call out Zeke and Lamb.

Nothing in that article was about Dak holding the ball to long. Additionally, Dak was absolutely our best player in the previous 3 playoff games. That 9ers game was probably his worst game, in a game that mattered, ever. 

Edited by Matts4313