2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

Just like politics and sports do not mix but now they go hand in hand. Now analytics dominates sports and I ****en hate it. Who cares I’m older  though.  In 5 years I’ll be retired and living in Florida God willing. 

Analytics mix with literally everything in life. You should always be trying to analyze and improve. Whether its the weeds in your garden, the P&L from your office or your favorite sports team. 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Analytics mix with literally everything in life. You should always be trying to analyze and improve. Whether its the weeds in your garden, the P&L from your office or your favorite sports team. 

Not a fan of it all.  It dominates sports today you are right about that. First I heard of analytics in sports was in the early 2000s. 

Jerry kinda ripped McCarthy today on the radio.

"If I thought changing out men at any level, that would improve us, I'd change it out," Jones said.

He added: "I'm very, very frustrated and upset. You can call it COVID, you can call it anything, but we have used up some very talented players over the last few years."

McCarthy on Wednesday said penalties are the biggest issue that the Cowboys have to clear up. The team led the NFL in penalties in the regular season and was flagged 14 times for 89 yards against San Francisco.

"Now let me be real clear, one of the pet peeves I have is that I don't like this, 'Well, we've got to work on this in the offseason. We've got to work on this.' I don't go for that," Jones said Friday, without specifying McCarthy's evaluation of the team's penalty problem. "I want those things recognized and addressed after we play Tampa after the first game or after we play the sixth game. I don't want to wait until we're sitting here with no season left to address these things we're doing or not doing.

"So all of that is in the mix here and a part of what I do. ... The ultimate decision on these coaches and anywhere around here is one that I have to make, so the guy that you're the toughest on should be the one in the mirror. He's the one that has the ultimate responsibility, and consequently, I get to operate at that guy's timeline."

Coordinators Dan Quinn and Kellen Moore have had interviews with multiple teams regarding head-coaching vacancies this week.

"The team and their functions got us in a position healthy, in a position to win a Super Bowl. And, so, I'm very guarded about throwing all of that down the drain because we didn't win one of the steps in the playoffs getting to the Super Bowl," Jones said when asked about the coordinators' performances during the regular season. "So, to answer your question, I take into consideration a lot about how well we did this year in the regular season and what it meant and what the record meant. So, I will. And, so, yes, I thought we did a really, a really good job of getting to the playoffs.

"Still, I can't get over what we did in the playoffs."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33117492/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-says-pet-peeve-fixing-problems-season-over

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

What boggles the mind is this is a 13 (?) year old problem and media/fans are acting like its new. The stadium is already at its halfway point before it gets blown up and rebuilt and *now* everyone want to bish about it? 

Makes no sense to me at all. But I guess the media needs clicks and fans need a reason to be irate. 

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What boggles the mind is this is a 13 (?) year old problem and media/fans are acting like its new. The stadium is already at its halfway point before it gets blown up and rebuilt and *now* everyone want to bish about it? 

Makes no sense to me at all. But I guess the media needs clicks and fans need a reason to be irate. 

It’s more so Jerry refuses to do anything about it when it’s a simple fix.