Please Don’t 2022!

Scoundrel

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I also don’t think he is Vita and this is from a UGA fan. 17 to the Chargers I think is his sweet spot. Someone might reach but I think his ceiling is 9 to Denver and 22 to Vegas is his floor. 

The Chargers are perfect for what they need. But I wonder if Staley will just go the FA route for a run-stuffing NT.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:39 PM, jrry32 said:

You're welcome to project that he'd do more in a different role. Like all projections, there's risk in that. How early you're willing to draft him depends on how much you want to risk. Me? I'm going to draft Davis based on what I saw on his college tape. He's a dominant run stopper who can push the pocket. Is that worth a first round pick? Yes. Is that worth a top 15 pick to me? No. I don't think he's quite as good as Vita Vea, despite his incredible Combine numbers. But he's still a guy who can come in and immediately transform the middle of your run defense.

Different player and not an apples to apples comp, but Dontay Moch is why I don't get overly excited about freak athletic testing when looking at players who are going to be the target of blocking. 

6'2 248 with 4.4 wheels but he was lacking in fundamentals.  

For Davis, a role change may help tap the obvious potential. But it's always important to realize that a role change from college to the pros is never just a given. 

If I'm drafting him as the Raiders at 22, I'm drafting him for his ability to draw double-teams and stuff the run. He's very good at that. Anything else should be taken as a happy bonus. If it ain't broke, as they say. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Different player and not an apples to apples comp, but Dontay Moch is why I don't get overly excited about freak athletic testing when looking at players who are going to be the target of blocking. 

6'2 248 with 4.4 wheels but he was lacking in fundamentals.  

For Davis, a role change may help tap the obvious potential. But it's always important to realize that a role change from college to the pros is never just a given. 

If I'm drafting him as the Raiders at 22, I'm drafting him for his ability to draw double-teams and stuff the run. He's very good at that. Anything else should be taken as a happy bonus. If it ain't broke, as they say. 

But watching Dontay Moch obliterate blockers as a punt coverage gunner was so much fun, especially in preseason. 😁

He had some sort of brain tumor that ended his playing days that brought on severe migraines.

Not saying he ever was any good though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

But watching Dontay Moch obliterate blockers as a punt coverage gunner was so much fun, especially in preseason. 😁

He had some sort of brain tumor that ended his playing days that brought on severe migraines.

Not saying he ever was any good though.

Hey, I reset the all time sack record two-fold with him in Madden lol. 

Shame to hear about the brain issues. I'd sort of stopped keeping up with him after a bit. 

• Like 1