Please Don’t 2022!

Scoundrel

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

His quickness and route running are impressive for a 6'5" WR. Gets way more separation on shorter routes than tall WRs usually get. Plus, he's a YAC monster.

Man show me. Cus all I see is lack of separation and him making contested catches or he’s in the slot where he’s not pressed and so he gets separation on quick throws because a DB is already off.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

I'm speaking as an Eagles fan when I say I have to agree that London is someone I want to avoid. I don't doubt that he goes somewhere else and lights it up but he seems particularly risky to me. JJAW being an abject failure makes me want to avoid him.

Now that we have Smith and we can see how important route running and separation is, since we hadn't had it in a long time before him, I agree. My skill I want my receivers best at is route running. Just get open. I'm done with jump ball guys like JJAW. He definitely turned me against big possession guys.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, MagicMT said:

I really don't see it with George Pickens. Sure he was held back a bit by the QB play throughout his career but still he's not that fast, not that elusive, not that great at getting separation. He's great at contested catches but really that doesn't translate too well in the NFL. He ain't really good at blocking either. Plus he has a injury history. 
I might be wrong and some team can unlock his potential but there's so many good WRs in this draft that I'd take over him. I wouldn't draft him in the first four rounds personally. 

Other prospects I'm hesitant on : Daniel Faalele (got bullied a bit in the Senior Bowl and not sure if he's not just too tall to be a good T), Jordan Davis (aforementioned concerns about being a 2 downs player only - wouldn't draft him in the 1st round), honestly all the QBs (particularly Willis).
And Karlaftis. Karlaftis in the 3rd would be okay. But as a top 15 pick? No way. 

4.40 at 6'-3" is pretty fast I beleive.

On 2/24/2022 at 1:23 AM, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't understate Davis's impact. He's a force in the middle. There were quite a few talented OLs who could not move the dude. The problem with Davis is that while he can push the pocket, he's still somewhat antiquated in today's NFL. He's not Vita Vea. He's an animal against the run, but how highly do you draft a guy who isn't going to be an impact player as a pass rusher?

I like Phil Mathis better. Wyatt is too all or nothing for me. He either wins quickly with his explosion, or he gets handled with ease. Mathis is a great run defender who isn't a slouch as a pass rusher. He reminds me of Michael Brockers. I don't see him being a star, but he'll be a quality glue guy who does the dirty work in the NFL for a number of years.

Umm can we quell the Jordan Davis is just a run stopper with his combine numbers or no?

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Umm can we quell the Jordan Davis is just a run stopper with his combine numbers or no?

He had seven sacks in four years. Maybe in a role that allows him more freedom to attack, he'd do better. But I can only go with what I saw on the film. What I saw was an immovable object who pushed the pocket but wasn't getting quick wins. He's a freakish athlete. Maybe he'll offer more in the NFL.

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He had seven sacks in four years. Maybe in a role that allows him more freedom to attack, he'd do better. But I can only go with what I saw on the film. What I saw was an immovable object who pushed the pocket but wasn't getting quick wins. He's a freakish athlete. Maybe he'll offer more in the NFL.

maybe cuz his role was to eat 2-3 linemen.  

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

maybe cuz his role was to eat 2-3 linemen.  

You're welcome to project that he'd do more in a different role. Like all projections, there's risk in that. How early you're willing to draft him depends on how much you want to risk. Me? I'm going to draft Davis based on what I saw on his college tape. He's a dominant run stopper who can push the pocket. Is that worth a first round pick? Yes. Is that worth a top 15 pick to me? No. I don't think he's quite as good as Vita Vea, despite his incredible Combine numbers. But he's still a guy who can come in and immediately transform the middle of your run defense.

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You're welcome to project that he'd do more in a different role. Like all projections, there's risk in that. How early you're willing to draft him depends on how much you want to risk. Me? I'm going to draft Davis based on what I saw on his college tape. He's a dominant run stopper who can push the pocket. Is that worth a first round pick? Yes. Is that worth a top 15 pick to me? No. I don't think he's quite as good as Vita Vea, despite his incredible Combine numbers. But he's still a guy who can come in and immediately transform the middle of your run defense.

I also don’t think he is Vita and this is from a UGA fan. 17 to the Chargers I think is his sweet spot. Someone might reach but I think his ceiling is 9 to Denver and 22 to Vegas is his floor. 

• Like 1