Please Don’t 2022!

Scoundrel

1) Derek Stingley - we were ravaged by injuries, IDC how talented guys are I want a guy who can stay on the field.  Plus the Jets need pass rush not CBs.

2) George Karlaftis- he doesn't pass the name test, I can't picture announcers raving about KARLAFTIS like Mack/Donald.  Name doesn't flow and I don't like his skillset for the Jets.  If he was 2nd round then maybe yeah take BPA but still don't like how he fits the defense.

13 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

1) Derek Stingley - we were ravaged by injuries, IDC how talented guys are I want a guy who can stay on the field.  Plus the Jets need pass rush not CBs.

2) George Karlaftis- he doesn't pass the name test, I can't picture announcers raving about KARLAFTIS like Mack/Donald.  Name doesn't flow and I don't like his skillset for the Jets.  If he was 2nd round then maybe yeah take BPA but still don't like how he fits the defense.

Karlaftis is pretty easy to say

On 2/3/2022 at 11:09 PM, jebrick said:

I would put Wilson at the bottom of those 2.  He has too many drops.  Outstanding route runner but too many drops that hit him ion the hands.

Need a nice easy to pronounce name like Barkevious 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Name test 😂. I thought I was the only one who used it. 

Well my Colts don’t have a 1st this year, so I won’t even mention the QBs because if you want to take a shot in round 2 go ahead I guess. 
My only please don’t is probably Derion Kendrick. He’s a problem off the field anyways so I’m not too worried about the Colts taking a shot. But talent-wise I think he’s a bit overrated too. Doubt he pans out

On 2/4/2022 at 4:46 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

After Ben Roethlisberger became a HoF QB and Colt McCoy was a career backup, I can't put too much stock into the name test, our lord and savior Amon-Ra St. Brown excepted.

Also, Karlaftis is a pretty easy name to say, even if there aren't many Greek athletes/names of note in US sports.

16 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Oh I'm huge on the name test.  I have to picture announcers saying it after a big play to see if that player will work out lol.

Y'all are kidding, right? Osi Umenyiora, Michael Strahan, DeForest Buckner, Nnamdi Asomugha, Trey Hendrickson, Yannick Ngakoue, Jason Babin, Connor Barwin, Elvis Dumervil . . . I can go on forever.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Oh I'm huge on the name test.  I have to picture announcers saying it after a big play to see if that player will work out lol.

Bigger issue is the George part.  How long has it been since anyone named George was good?

Blanda?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I love how people say what Olave isn't or isn't going to be good but never can say why...😂

I really, really like Olave.  What worries me is that he's more of a jack of all trades master of none type.  

I dont know if he could become a 'im double covered and still making plays type' which could still make him very good, but more 2nd half of the first round.

• Like 3