Targets

DoleINGout

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I don't understand the excitement for Robinson. 

Don't they want to get more explosive? 

He is N'Keal Harry's ceiling, and is getting to 30 and was injured last year.

Are you just admitting that you aren't confident in Mac throwing deep? 

Who is going to bring the speed to create that space underneath you need? Unless they plan on getting a vertical slot in the draft then I don't really get paying Robinson ( especially because he probably wants something like 3yr 60M)

4 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I don't understand the excitement for Robinson. 

Don't they want to get more explosive? 

He is N'Keal Harry's ceiling, and is getting to 30 and was injured last year.

Are you just admitting that you aren't confident in Mac throwing deep? 

Who is going to bring the speed to create that space underneath you need? Unless they plan on getting a vertical slot in the draft then I don't really get paying Robinson ( especially because he probably wants something like 3yr 60M)

Not sure which Allen Robinson you've been watching. He's an alpha in every way, and with his value at an all-time low, he probably represents the closest thing to a WR1 who could be had below market. He very well could be falling off, but I'd bet he dogged it in Chicago last year after how they've treated him the last few years.

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

Not sure which Allen Robinson you've been watching. He's an alpha in every way, and with his value at an all-time low, he probably represents the closest thing to a WR1 who could be had below market. He very well could be falling off, but I'd bet he dogged it in Chicago last year after how they've treated him the last few years.

I didn't watch any of him last year, so it's possible that he didn't care and was angry he got franchised.. but is that the type of guy you want to pay WR1 money? Fields was a great prospect, you'd think he would want to play with him and increase his value.. not tank it

I would fully expect him to get a deal in the Kenny Golloday range ( 4yr 72M). He will also be 29 by the time the season starts. If you are going to pay a WR 20M/YR I would rather wait a year pay DK that money. 

Gilmore is probably holding out for 10+ a season but i'd 100% give him a 2-3 year. deal. 

CB1 this year then swap him to safety last couple years when McCourty retires.. win win for everyone. At least that way you know you've got at least one good corner even if he has lost a step. 

26 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I didn't watch any of him last year, so it's possible that he didn't care and was angry he got franchised.. but is that the type of guy you want to pay WR1 money? Fields was a great prospect, you'd think he would want to play with him and increase his value.. not tank it

I would fully expect him to get a deal in the Kenny Golloday range ( 4yr 72M). He will also be 29 by the time the season starts. If you are going to pay a WR 20M/YR I would rather wait a year pay DK that money. 

If he was really angry and that type of a player (see OBJ, others etc..)), he would have forced a trade 1.5 seasons ago. Truth of the matter is, given the frustration with Chicago regarding the state of the franchise and the fact he had outplayed his contract at the time, he put his head down and gave Chicago the benefit of the doubt to see where they wanted to go knowing full well the regime was on the brink of imploding and to no surprise, they mishandled everything. I think he picked up a small nick after the first few games last year and that's when it became a matter of just being physically okay and ready for the next chapter. Meanwhile Chicago was shuffling 3 QBs on a weekly basis and Nagy was already halfway out the door. I don't see where Robinson saw any reward in the risk at that point. Anyone would have dogged it. So I don't think Robinson is that type of guy.

With that said, the Jaguars completely screwed everything up by giving Christian Freaking Kirk top 4-ish money, and there are probably teams right now bidding for Robinson as he uses that for leverage until the highest bidder comes through. It's going to take him actually wanting to play for Belichick to get him anyways, because not everyone is knocking at the door trying to come to New England these days.

I certainly don't disagree with you on the money that's probably going to be involved with him.

I haven’t heard a peep about any team in association with Ja’whaun Bentley.

However, if him and HT are both gone… The last thing we need is another aging linebacker, but I think Danny Trevathan is a good choice to possibly wear the green dot next year if he came to Foxboro. I don’t know where his speed is at these days, but his football IQ is great and his toughness is off the charts

16 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I haven’t heard a peep about any team in association with Ja’whaun Bentley.

However, if him and HT are both gone… The last thing we need is another aging linebacker, but I think Danny Trevathan is a good choice to possibly wear the green dot next year if he came to Foxboro. I don’t know where his speed is at these days, but his football IQ is great and his toughness is off the charts

Bentley seems very much like a guy that will get little interest and end up back here. 

The biggest thing that could stop that is if they are switching up how they use LB's.. if they are going to go with smaller, faster LB.. he really doesnt fit

On 1/20/2022 at 10:30 AM, DoleINGout said:

After the receivers list, here are somw UFA's that stick out to me at first skim:

Hasaan Reddick

Ndamukong Suh

Anthony Walker Jr.

MJ Stewart

Anthony Firkser

Austin Johnson

Desmond King

Patrick Richard

DJ Jones

Jonathan Hankins

DaQuon Jones

Darius Williams

Xavier Rhodes

Patrick Peterson

Jacoby Brissett

Tyrod Taylor

Bryce Callahan

Vernon Butler

Brandon Williams

Marcus Williams

Hayden Hurst

Jihad Ward

Ryan Kerrigan

K'Wuan Williams

Kamu Grugier-Hill

Isaac Rochell

PJ Williams

Justin Coleman

Jaylen Reeves-Maybin

Blaine Gabbert

Marlon Mack

Levi Wallace

JD McKissic

Kyler Fackrell

Damien Williams

Colt McCoy

Nate Ebner

Donte Jackson

Kwon Alexander

Justin Ellis

Julie'n Davenport

Mackensie Alexander

Danny Shelton

Noah Brown

Ty Montgomery

Carlton Davis

Tyquan Lewis

Lorenzo Carter

Jerick McKinnon

Nate Hairston

Michael Burton

Jared Norris

Jaleel Johnson

Keion Crossen

JaMycal Hasty

Durham Smythe

Anthony Averett

Dorace Armstrong

Josey Jewell

Dorian O'Daniel

Harrison Phillips

Tracy Walker

Antwaun Woods

Jalyn Holmes

Malik Hooker

Boston Scott

Derrick Nnadi

Still quite a few quality guys left. And this doesn't include the WR's list I went through although that has been trimmed down a bit. DeAndre Carter, Cam Sims, Allen Robinson, Trent Sherfield, James Washington, and Chris Moore. Jarvis Landry wasn't a FA nor was Julio Jones so those might be options and Odell is too but I don't think the money is worth it for any of those last three guys.

Edited by DoleINGout

Ndamukong Suh

Anthony Firkser

Patrick Ricard

Jonathan Hankins

Xavier Rhodes

Patrick Peterson

Jacoby Brissett

Bryce Callahan

Vernon Butler

Brandon Williams

Hayden Hurst

Jihad Ward

Ryan Kerrigan

K'Wuan Williams

Kamu Grugier-Hill

Isaac Rochell

PJ Williams

Justin Coleman

Jaylen Reeves-Maybin

Blaine Gabbert

Marlon Mack

Kyler Fackrell

Damien Williams

Nate Ebner

Donte Jackson

Kwon Alexander

Justin Ellis

Julie'n Davenport

Mackensie Alexander

Danny Shelton

Ty Montgomery

Lorenzo Carter

Jerick McKinnon

Nate Hairston

Jared Norris

Jaleel Johnson

Durham Smythe

Dorace Armstrong

Dorian O'Daniel

Antwaun Woods

Jalyn Holmes

Boston Scott

I believe all of these guys remain unsigned. Add Eddie Goldman, Matt Ioannidis, Bobby Wagner, and Trey Flowers to the list too since they were cut after I made it.

Edited by DoleINGout

@DoleINGout

Bryce Callahan would be a good option to replace J.C. Jackson if the price is right. I don’t know what his market is like, but I’d be fine throwing $6m at the guy. He’s proven himself enough to get a one or two year deal while we develop a draft pick.

Ty Montgomery, if Gunner does leave, could be a possibility. He’s got plenty of experience as a kick returner, however has not returned a punt in the NFL. He can do double duty also and take snaps on offense if needed, with experience playing WR and RB.

Tyquan Lewis would’ve been a great pickup, but unfortunately he re-signed with Indy and Harrison Phillips signed with Minnesota.

Great list though 👍 plenty of talent left. I’m not panicking, but I am rather anxious to see what gets done with all the hits we’ve taken to our own FA pool. Here’s to the next week and a half 🍻

Edited by DaPatsKid98