2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

I think it's smart personally. I mean I would love to sign a few good free agents. But we have a lot of holes to fill. While I would love a super star I also understand we have to field a team. So we may be wanting to get above average guys to start but also sign some average guys for depth. All in all I don't feel we are.1 or 2 players away from competing. Not in this division now. So we probably need to do some bargain shopping.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Seem like every year since Mark Davis has taken over, we are late to the FA party

I get not overpaying but some of these targeted players contracts were very reasonable. Maybe guys get a lil shook and take lesser deals on day 2. So many holes to fill to be competitive with lil draft capital I just don’t know how we can be competitive next year. 

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I get not overpaying but some of these targeted players contracts were very reasonable. Maybe guys get a lil shook and take lesser deals on day 2. So many holes to fill to be competitive with lil draft capital I just don’t know how we can be competitive next year. 

well depends who we sign. still some day 1 fas avail day 2-3 prob. some guys flourish that didn't other places. happens a lot. ill wait to judge. if we get 3-5 starters with good depth that's win plus draft

• Like 1

Looks like KC signed Justin Reid to replace Tyrann Mathieu.  

Vikings just released Michael Pierce, NT.  He was a big signing for them last year and after only 1 year is gone.  3years, 27m deal only paid out a 6M Signing Bonus and 3M salary.  I’m not really interested in Pierce, but that is one more NT on the market now.

Just 2 reminders that when a team signs a FA it can lead to them cutting a player they currently have.  There are always cuts early on in FA and again later in the year.  It often makes sense to hold back and see if a deal can be had.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Our wr room looking like year 1 with gruden rn

Edwards, Renfrow, and Tyron Johnson (debatable…. I like him as a 6th WR with deep speed and ST ability) plus Dillon Stoner, DJ Turner, and Javon Wims.

…… yeah the Rooms awfully light on depth and talent.