2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm a bit disappointed that we couldn't sign him.  At 13 million he was right in the range I was expecting.  I have confidence in JM and Zigler so I am assuming there is more to the story that what we are privy to. 

Chark has all of the skills to be a stud but I have recently been reading that his conditioning and route running have been questioned.  

Whoever we sign I hope he is a stud and provides good value.  We desperately need two WR's!!

Well I mean the lack of route running ability was a given. But my whole thing is that’s not why you’re signing someone like chark. You’re doing it for the same reason you get any downfield threat: because they’re downfield threat. That said, I hear that patriots offense is very difficult for receivers to learn so I’m sure mental acumen has something to do with it also

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Yet neither should be starting so why have two safeties that can't cover that you need to create a very specific role for. 

Where’d you get that peppers can’t cover from? Have you ever seen him play?(honest question)

Edited by Jeremy408

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well I mean the lack of route running ability was a given. But my whole thing is that’s not why you’re signing someone like chark. You’re doing it for the same reason you get any downfield threat: because they’re downfield threat. That said, I hear that patriots offense is very difficult for receivers to learn so I’m sure mental acumen has something to do with it also

I agree and I should have articulated my point differently.  I don't think JM and Zigler want a WR who can just run in a straight line as a downfield threat, they want someone more versatile.  To take advantage of a straight line deep threat who also isn't an astute route runner a QB needs time and with our Oline in shambles time may be limited.  I thought Chark could have been versatile WR but maybe our front office didn't think so.  I trust them, on to the next!

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree and I should have articulated my point differently.  I don't think JM and Zigler want a WR who can just run in a straight line as a downfield threat, they want someone more versatile.  To take advantage of a straight line deep threat who also isn't an astute route runner a QB needs time and with our Oline in shambles time may be limited.  I thought Chark could have been versatile WR but maybe our front office didn't think so.  I trust them, on to the next!

I feel that. Who do you like that’s left? Or do you think we should just go first round receiver?

3 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

his market must have not been great if he settled for a 1 year from detroit and to bet on himself with goff as his qb ehh good luck 

It had to be chilly for sure, considering what other, arguably less talented guys have gotten. 

I think Jacksonville's WR corps being the drizzling 💩's may have hurt his perception among teams. He was productive, but was he just the best of a bunch of garbage and thus productive by proxy sort of like Allen Hurns a few years back? 

He either cashes in big next year or he starts fading away, imo. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I feel that. Who do you like that’s left? Or do you think we should just go first round receiver?

I like Arob but fear he will cost too much.  I would kick the tires on Juju and see if we can land him at a reasonable price.  9ish per.  I'm not a fan of MVS so I would pass on him.  

We need to come out of FA with one viable WR and even then I would think we would draft another within the first three rounds of the draft.  It's a deep class.