Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

5 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Well let's see, how long did it take KC to find Mahomes, or Buffalo to find Josh Allen?  Look at what's happened in Chicago since Jim McMahon retired, or the Jets who haven't had one elite QB since ... I don't know, Joe Namath?

The year being 1990 or 2020 has nothing to do with anything.  Great QBs come at as much a premium now as they did then.

Having said that, the clock may be just about run out on Rodgers, but I guarantee you we move on and we had better prepared to spend about 3 draft picks or at least one high profile free agent signing on a QB.  Might want to hope the Raiders would be willing to part ways with Derek Carr and give him to us before he gets too old.

The Chiefs had Alex Smith and we’re fine there, but more importantly patient.

The reason the Jets and Bears and Jaguars can’t find one is because they ruin them when they get them. The Packers know this. That’s why Love sat two years. They’re not going to ruin a QB by throwing him in when he’s not ready.

The Packers are actually THE team to start this. How many times before Rodgers did a team draft a QB in round one and then not play them?

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The reason the Jets and Bears and Jaguars can’t find one is because they ruin them when they get them. The Packers know this. That’s why Love sat two years. They’re not going to ruin a QB by throwing him in when he’s not ready.

The Packers are actually THE team to start this. How many times before Rodgers did a team draft a QB in round one and then not play them?

While keeping your next guy on the bench behind the pro might minimize the risk he gets ruined, it guarantees nothing.  I'm pretty sure whoever is backing up Tom Brady in Tampa is gonna stink to death and send the Bucs back into irrelevancy once Brady retires.

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm pissed he wasn't better too, but he was good enough to win. The ST turned a win into a loss, absolutely simple as that.

Agree with this...to an extent. Yes - the blocked punt gave SF the 7 they needed and very well might not have scored against our D.

But...(and I really dont think I'm a hard *** about such things....) our offense really needed to produce more. I mean - San Fran's got a decent D - but they (like most teams) had holes we didnt come close to exploiting.

It that on MLF? Could be...some of it at least.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LaFleur choked just as hard as Aaron when he lost Dillon. I'll 100% say that. If you don't trust Patrick Taylor than he shouldn't have been RB3. Not running the ball when Jones got tired is just as much of a factor as Rodgers performance IMO.

That was infuriating.  Jones was basically gassed and the only plays they had in the bag were passes to him or runs to him.

Let Taylor do his thing!  That was clearly the plan on Drive 1, and shouldn't have changed on Drive 11 when Drive 1 was your only successful one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

That was infuriating.  Jones was basically gassed and the only plays they had in the bag were passes to him or runs to him.

Let Taylor do his thing!  That was clearly the plan on Drive 1, and shouldn't have changed on Drive 11 when Drive 1 was your only successful one.

Matt LaFleur and Sean McVay are the biggest game management dodos in football when it comes to planning and playing in those situations.  They both might know how to put together regular season winning teams, but every time they go up against either Shannahan or another genius like Andy Reid or Bellichek, they blow it big time with no creativity or aggressiveness.

On 1/23/2022 at 8:54 AM, HokieHigh said:

Outside of the ST, the leaders of the team were the ones to fail to perform.

Funchess should have been on the Roster, we should have found a TE threat after Tonyan went down. There were obvious offensive needs that were ignored in the name of development. 

This is one reason I'm still pissed at Gute despite his fixing the defense.  His 2 TE draft picks have been garbage, and almost no picks for the offense outside of Dillon (and to some degree MVS) have turned out at all.  Hard to blame Rodgers wanting Cobb back when your GM is inept at making offense draft picks.

Ultimatum on Mark Murphy, Gute and LaFleur .... Win the SB this next season period or you all get fired.  That's right I said it, we gotta fire everyone if there's one more playoff failure.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Pats went exactly one down season after Brady before grabbing Mac Jones, who was solid despite having an unspectacular receiving group.

The Bengals actually had serviceable to good options with Palmer (before he was injured) and Dalton.

The Chargers went Brees/Rivers/Herbert.

I think you just need to make sure you have the coach in place (it seems like the Packers do) and good personnel management.

Oh, and avoid journeymen QBs.

Edited by Striker

FJ5J4h4VEAAgzMx?format=jpg&name=large

FJ5NyRsUYAUthvi?format=jpg&name=large

Right before both red zone sacks. Nothing there. 4 wide, no pre-snap motions, no route relationships of any kind. 3rd and goal in the playoffs. This is McCarthy ISO offense, what the hell happened to LaFleur? If Rodgers has taken over this much, who really is calling the offense? Certainly doesn't look like our HC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He absolutely made losing plays. ****ty reads that kill drives are losing plays. 

in the aggregate maybe.

in order of importance:

Punt Block

FG Block

Lewis fumble

50 yard KOR

Missed tackle vs Deebo 3rd and 7

Jones neither scoring nor getting OB

Chucking it Deep to doubled Adams

Missing Adams vs Norman

Drop by Deguara

Sack 1

Sack 2

Underthrowing Jones

Rest of sacks

Edited by skibrett15
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

in the aggregate maybe.

in order of importance:

Punt Block

FG Block

Lewis fumble

50 yard KOR

Missed tackle vs Deebo 3rd and 7

Jones neither scoring nor getting OB

Chucking it Deep to doubled Adams

Missing Adams vs Norman

Drop by Deguara

Sack 1

Sack 2

Underthrowing Jones

Rest of sacks

I'm mostly with you but these plays are so much more noticeable than us not seeing him miss an open guy to throw to.