Fire Maurice Drayton And Give MLF, Gute and Murphy The Ultimatum

LLcheesehead12

58 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you honestly think ST is as important as offense or defense, you're unfathomably stupid. 

Losing 1 game in 18 because of ST is troubling. There's no doubt the ST needs to be fixed. But fixing the ST doesn't require massive organizational development changes. 

Get a good ST coach willing to work with our roster development. Get an average kicker. Keep your average punter. Keep your average LS so you're not going through transitionary pains. This isn't hard. 

All 3 phases of the game are equally important. Games more often than not come down to one play that needs to be made on special teams.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Hate to break it to you but not all progressions are linear. It actually is hard to tell how its specifically coached within the structure of the offense. Nobody can be 100% sure how a QB was coached to read the defense based on presnap leverage.

You may not 100 percent know, but you can listen to former QBs/players who do break it down (like Warner's breakdown) and what they're seeing. It's not exact but you get a good idea.

And you can look at trends, target share for receiving targets, etc. for Rodgers and other players and see that his worst games when he does exactly this (though was likely exacerbated by not having MVS to take the top off and not having Tonyan to help handle the pass rush). There were plenty of opportunities, and if they're going to struggle any time they can't go to the first read then AR/MLF need to take a hard, long look in the mirror and change what they're doing. 

46 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Context matters. The average NFL team doesn't go into the offseason with 1 WR under contract, that is the situation we are in. Something you are conveniently ignoring because it doesn't fit your narrative.

The Packers draft strategy is not the end all be all. Just because we haven't drafted a WR in the first round in nearly 20 years doesn't mean we never should. Thinking like this is why we only have 2 rings in the last 30 years. You spend premium picks to get premium players. If Davante leaves we need a premium WR, especially in this day and age where every team that is contending has loaded up on weapons.

Well, they also will need another Edge player, potentially an ILB again if Campbell goes, and have concerns at RT and guard depending on the status of Jenkins. I think this is the year the Packers likely use another second or third on a WR as this, based on my limited looks, is a deep second/third day type of WR draft.

Edited by Striker

36 minutes ago, StatKing said:

All 3 phases of the game are equally important. Games more often than not come down to one play that needs to be made on special teams.

This is objectively false. Comparing the EPN of all ST plays for the best and worst ST units in the league gives you a difference of like 21 points. Comparing the difference of the best and worst offensive and defensive units gives you a difference of like 180 points IIRC. 

ST isn't even as close to as important. If it was Kickers and Punters would be paid like QBs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Striker said:

Well, they also will need another EDGE player, potentially an ILB again if Campbell goes, and have concerns at RT and guard depending on the status of Jenkins. I think this is the year the Packers likely use another second or third on a WR as this, based on my limited looks, is a deep second/third day type of WR draft.

We already know they ain't pickin an ILB in the first. We've basically ignored that position entirely since Nick Barnett. The only reason I think WR needs to be our primary focus is for the sake of Jordan Love, assuming we go into next season with him as the starter. If the kid is going to have any success at all we can't just throw him out there with a bunch of 5th round JAGs. You'd just be setting him up for failure.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Deguara is an H Back that got tapped to play B End. I'm not going to say he's playing it of position but he was playing out of role. 

Both Davante and Lazard are really good football players, but it you were to swap their roles, neither would be half as good.

No **** they should have taken Creed Humphrey in hindsight. Bold ******* take you've got there.

Lol. You either need to work on your reading comprehension or you chose to ignore my facetious "in 20/20 hindsight" comment before I then remarked on Humphrey over Myers. Work on that anger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sorta, but the weather we had wasn't the kind of weather that was going to kill you. We saw the Bills eviscerate the Patriots in similar weather. 

Tbh, they needed more broth.

Bills brought the broth, Patriots were drinking chowder.  Packers looked to have some sort of bisque going - nobody moving quickly

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is objectively false. Comparing the EPN of all ST plays for the best and worst ST units in the league gives you a difference of like 21 points. Comparing the difference of the best and worst offensive and defensive units gives you a difference of like 180 points IIRC. 

ST isn't even as close to as important. If it was Kickers and Punters would be paid like QBs. 

Lol. Stats and money aren't the end all be all and they dont tell the full story. Games are won and lost by situational football. Not EPN. Ask Tom Brady how valuable Adam Vinatieri was. Ask the Niners how important Robbie Gould was last week. More often than not games come down to one swing of a kickers leg.

11 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Lol. Stats and money aren't the end all be all and they dont tell the full story. Games are won and lost by situational football. Not EPN. Ask Tom Brady how valuable Adam Vinatieri was. Ask the Niners how important Robbie Gould was last week. More often than not games come down to one swing of a kickers leg.

Games frequently do come down to a kicker's leg. That doesn't mean they're not extremely replacable.

Crosby and the Packers kicking unit was the worst in the league this year. We lost approximately 22.46 points all year on FGs when you consider he was only 50% from 30-39 and That's like 1 point per week. That's nothing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Games frequently do come down to a kicker's leg. That doesn't mean they're not extremely replacable.

Crosby and the Packers kicking unit was the worst in the league this year. We lost approximately 22.46 points all year on FGs when you consider he was only 50% from 30-39 and That's like 1 point per week. That's nothing.

yep

someone is lost in the sauce and thinking too highlight of themselves by spouting "situational football".

There were literally a dozen offensive/defensive plays that, had they gone differently, would have made the 1 or 2 bad special teams plays irrelevant.

I was nervous about ST costing us vs a team like...the Chiefs or Bills, where the margin of error is 10x less.

Horrifically, Rodgers decided to turtle it and it resulted in a game that probably would have been won by Love+healthy Dillon into a loss.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Norm said:

It's called expectations. He's not Jimmy G. He's Aaron ******* Rodgers.. Sorry it makes you guys sad that I expect more from the 'possible' GOAT. Maybe next year the defense can have them at -60 yards at half with 90% TOP so can score more than 7.

Y'all serious? 

I’ve alreaady said more than once he hasn’t been what we need him to be in the playoffs many times. 

This is a lot more than just yesterday. You can’t tell me that people have been objective towards him. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

8 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’ve alreaady said more than once he hasn’t been what we need him to be in the playoffs many times. 

This is a lot more than just yesterday. You can’t tell me that people have been objective towards him. 

Plus that's just the kicker, who can be great, whereas the rest of the unit can be bad/average.

Case in point - Robbie Gould is a very good kicker on a bad special teams.

Just don't be historically bad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Losing 1 game in 18 because of ST is troubling. There's no doubt the ST needs to be fixed. But fixing the ST doesn't require massive organizational development changes. 

Get a good ST coach willing to work with our roster development. Get an average kicker. Keep your average punter. Keep your average LS so you're not going through transitionary pains. This isn't hard. 

2 games of 18 (KC was winnable with good ST performance), and Crosby's bad day almost cost GB the Cinci win as well. That's when it starts getting into the "troubling" part of things. 

Funny thing is for most of the game I was feeling OK about ST, Amari Rodgers was looking competent on returns all night.