Worst Playoff Loss

Tperk

Worse Playoff loss  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most heartbreaking playoff loss?

• Tonight
    • Kevin King failure at end of the half against Tampa Bay
    • 4th and 26 game
    • Bostick ST fail
    • Kapernick running all over us
    • Favre chucking it up against NYG
    • Vick kicking our *** in 2003

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

When ST meltdowns are a recurring thing, are the resulting losses actually a fluke?  Was tonight's game even the worst ST performance of the year for this team?   They have logged some impressively terrible performances.

Cincinnati was far worse.

Nothing will ever top 2014. I had plane tickets to Arizona pulled up on my laptop with 5 minutes to go in that game. I will say that this game is probably 2nd worst. 1 seed with the likely MVP manages 10 points 

I’m not normally a superstitious man, but I do believe that the 2014 had reverberations that go beyond McCarthy. Until everyone from that game is purged from the roster, we carry it with us. Psychosexually

45 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Thoughts?

Tonight is pretty bad tbh.

Tonight was no fun and I’m bummed out by the result but it wasn’t a shocker. This team never did play great football this season. Did we ever look dominant for a sustained period of time?  I wanted us to win it all but this team has felt like a one & done team for weeks now. So while I’m disappointed, I was fully prepared for it lol. 

• Like 2

Nothing will ever top 2014.  Even McCarthy himself said that was his best football team he's ever had.  He gave the famous line leading up to that game "We are nobodies Underdog."  I had actually just moved to Portland 2 weeks before that game.  I got tickets and went to Seattle.  I have never went from such joy to misery in a matter of 15 minutes.  McCarthy once again played not to lose rather than the aggressive approach to today's game.  Twice they had the ball at the one foot yard line and kicked field goals.  It was very interesting because all of the Seahawks fans around us had left the stadium already after Wilson's 4th interception.  Luckily, they were all very nice to us as we left as they couldn't believe they had won too.

I know Aaron Rodgers was hobbled, but that team was a really good team.  It's a shame we never got a Packers / Patriots superbowl ever.  Think of all the great Packers teams that lost in the playoffs the years the Patriots would have played us.

I believe NFL has the full game on YouTube now.  Go watch it and see how dominant our team was in that game even with a hobbled Rodgers.  It will make you sick to watch it over again.  They've shown there were about 8 different plays during the last 4 minute that if they had just went the Packers way on one, they win.  The 2pt conversion especially is so brutal considering the Packers would have won with a FG.

Edited by DscountDblchk12

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

When ST meltdowns are a recurring thing, are the resulting losses actually a fluke?  Was tonight's game even the worst ST performance of the year for this team?   They have logged some impressively terrible performances.

Blocked FG at the end of the half after starting a drive inside our 20 with a miracle play to get us a possible 3 points, and a blocked punt for a TD against us. Thats a negative 10 points tonite.  Definitely the worst sh*t Ive seen all year from our Sts. No question about it!

Man the Bostick game really hurt bcuz that should’ve been a curbstomping and sadly wound up evolving into a slow & agonizing death.

Super Bowl XXXII was the toughest loss for me bcuz it just felt like there was no way that they were ever gonna let Elway lose another SB. Everyone in the world was rooting for him except for Packers fans and fans of rival AFC West teams. It felt like the refs loved Johnny too. That stupid helicopter spin. And I hated that we were the team to kill the dominating SB winning streak by the NFC team. I wanted Reggie to get another ring. 

1 minute ago, DscountDblchk12 said:

Nothing will ever top 2014.  Even McCarthy himself said that was his best football team he's ever had.  I had actually just moved to Portland 2 weeks before that game.  I got tickets and went to Seattle.  I have never went from such joy to misery in a matter of 15 minutes.  McCarthy once again played not to lose rather than the aggressive approach to today's game.  Twice they had the ball at the one foot yard line and kicked field goals.  It was very interesting because all of the Seahawks fans around us had left the stadium already after Wilson's 4th interception.  Luckily, they were all very nice to us as we left as they couldn't believe they had won too.

I know Aaron Rodgers was hobbled, but that team was a really good team.  It's a shame we never got a Packers / Patriots superbowl ever.  Think of all the great Packers teams that lost in the playoffs the years the Patriots would have played us.

I believe NFL has the full game on YouTube now.  Go watch it and see how dominant our team was in that game even with a hobbled Rodgers.  It will make you sick to watch it over again.

I remember how devastated Julius Peppers was after that game. He was literally shook for months after the game. 

Just now, Howler said:

I remember how devastated Julius Peppers was after that game. He was literally shook for months after the game. 

The really sad thing is that he was the one who motioned for Morgan Burnett to just go down after Wilson's 4th pick and 5 minutes still left in the game.  The film shows if he kept running its either a pick 6 or in field goal range.  

1 minute ago, Howler said:

Peppers was the one waving the DB (Sharper I think) to go down after the late INT rather than turning around and blocking on what was a pretty wide open field for a return.  I never forgave him for that.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Peppers was the one waving the DB (Sharper I think) to go down after the late INT rather than turning around and blocking on what was a pretty wide open field for a return.  I never forgave him for that.

Morgan Burnett. Sharper was long gone and on to putting stuff in women’s drinks