Worst Playoff Loss

Tperk

Worse Playoff loss  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most heartbreaking playoff loss?

• Tonight
    • Kevin King failure at end of the half against Tampa Bay
    • 4th and 26 game
    • Bostick ST fail
    • Kapernick running all over us
    • Favre chucking it up against NYG
    • Vick kicking our *** in 2003

36 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

When ST meltdowns are a recurring thing, are the resulting losses actually a fluke?  Was tonight's game even the worst ST performance of the year for this team?   They have logged some impressively terrible performances.

The fact that ST has been a mess all year and not addressed MONTHS ago makes me more upset than anything else tbh.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DscountDblchk12 said:

The really sad thing is that he was the one who motioned for Morgan Burnett to just go down after Wilson's 4th pick and 5 minutes still left in the game.  The film shows if he kept running its either a pick 6 or in field goal range.  

I think that is a bit nit-picky and hind-sighty. They were up by 12 w/ 5min left and a 1st down at the 39. That's probably a win in 99.9% of times, vs. the chances the DB get hit at an odd angle and fumbles the ball back to SEA. SEA had a host of other things that had to go right after that. 

Edited by TransientTexan

6 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

I think that is a bit nit-picky and hind-sighty. They were up by 12 w/ 5min left and a 1st down at the 39. That's probably a win in 99.9% of times, vs. the chances the DB get hit at an odd angle and fumbles the ball back to SEA. SEA had a host of other things that had to go right after that. 

I understand, but that moment led to the 8 or so things that caused the collapse.  That team had the McCarthy mentality of play not to lose.  FGs from half yard line, go down on INT.  You go for the dagger in those moments.  The same thing almost happened in Alabama and Georgia this year on the pick six.  The Georgia coach was telling his DB to go down, yet Alabama had 3 timeouts left and still could get the ball back in a one score game.  Luckily, the player didn't see it and took it to the house.

10 minutes ago, DscountDblchk12 said:

I understand, but that moment led to the 8 or so things that caused the collapse.  That team had the McCarthy mentality of play not to lose.  FGs from half yard line, go down on INT.  You go for the dagger in those moments.  The same thing almost happened in Alabama and Georgia this year on the pick six.  The Georgia coach was telling his DB to go down, yet Alabama had 3 timeouts left and still could get the ball back in a one score game.  Luckily, the player didn't see it and took it to the house.

Except that this ignores all those times a DB or other defender gets hit after a turnover and gives the ball back to the other team. It's just 20/20 hindsight. ppl would still be scapegoating that play if Burnett had kept running and fumbled it back to SEA and they ended up losing to SEA. 

It's survivorship bias. plenty of teams push all the chips in and "play to win" but then lose because of gambles that flop, but nobody remembers those teams, or factors them into the statistics. 

That 2014 game can't be topped and theres no way I'll rewatch the highlights let alone the full game.

I didn't even want to watch the superbowl because I was in a different time zone at three am, at 5 am im thinking why I even bothered but then laughed so heartily when Seattle got picked at the 1. I released all those negative feelings bubbling up.

Karma for such a wack NFC championship

2014 Season was brutal for all teams fans

Cowboys won against lions - Refs botched up call. Lions was in agony. 

Packers won against boys - Again Boys think Dez Bryant made the catch. Boys was in Agony

Seahawks won against Packers - Again ST meltdown. Packers was in agony

Pats won against Seahawks - worst call in SB history.  Hawks was in agony

Pats won SB but all off season all fans played with them because of deflate gate. 

And Brady has to miss 2015 season 1st 6 games…

• Like 1