Worst Playoff Loss

Tperk

Worse Playoff loss  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most heartbreaking playoff loss?

• Tonight
    • Kevin King failure at end of the half against Tampa Bay
    • 4th and 26 game
    • Bostick ST fail
    • Kapernick running all over us
    • Favre chucking it up against NYG
    • Vick kicking our *** in 2003

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

This is up there with the Seattle game for me. I wasn't suprised we lost. Its the way we lost that bothers me most. Just such a letdown all around.

The “surprise” made it worse with Seattle.   Tonight was no surprise given we barely beat them in the regular season and they creamed us two years ago.   Seattle was a loss where 10/10 things had to happen for Seattle and DID.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeresAGuy said:

Im not talking Kettle One dirty.  Im talking Popov's/Winner's Cup dirty.

Let the bad blood flow, and know we are all wounded but you can look due West across the mighty Mississippi and see a tragic fan base who has never seen the mountain top. 

coming this close so many times is heart wrenching, but we have always been in the conversation and when it all comes together, we have broken through. 

None of this means much, it’s all a game , but this team has still tasted more glory than many, many others. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Starchisaga said:

The “surprise” made it worse with Seattle.   Tonight was no surprise given we barely beat them in the regular season and they creamed us two years ago.   Seattle was a loss where 10/10 things had to happen for Seattle and DID.   

If anything that makes it easier for me to deal with the Seattle loss. I can atleast tell myself we were better than them they just got lucky. I don't know if you can say that about this game. I knew we were gonna choke this game away the moment Crosby had that kick blocked.

Just now, Striker said:

Tonight wasn't as bad for me for many reasons. Partially because you become numb to it after 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2020.

Also, why is Super Bowl XXXII not up on this poll?

Because I'm angry drinking and forgot about how pissed I was about that game too.

• Like 1