FA 2022

ravishingone

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

i was a bit surprised we didn't go after Iodonis. I' m a fan of Suh but i'm not sure i can see him here another year. Yeah - i get it he played hurt but honestly he's what a 35 year old DT - his play as a starter is diminishing. This is where you need 2-3 strong rotational guys behind the starters. Noches is a solid rotational DL. But we don't have anyone else. O'Conner is meh. If Matt Corral is there at 27 when no CB or DL with a rd 1 grade available - I would love it if the Seahawks just made a deal and stock up on day 2 picks. 

Yeah as of now, what I'm thinking for the draft:

1. DL

2. OL

3. TE

4. RB

And maybe even trading a pick in next years draft to trade back into the 3rd or 4th, for a better RB or TE just depending on how it's going. 

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

Yeah as of now, what I'm thinking for the draft:

1. DL

2. OL

3. TE

4. RB

And maybe even trading a pick in next years draft to trade back into the 3rd or 4th, for a better RB or TE just depending on how it's going. 

The thing about addressing DL in this draft is it's not a deep position again. Theres some guys at the top that are good - but if they're gone by 27 - why reach for need? That is why i'm scratching my head that we brought back Fournett at that price and neglected to fill DL in FA knowing it's not very strong in the draft. could've gotten a Raheem Mostert for cheap and even a Marlon Mack. 

If one of the Georgia DL fall to 27 - heck it works out but we're still down about 1-2 players depth wise. We still need to fill a starter and 2 guys behind them. 

5 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

The thing about addressing DL in this draft is it's not a deep position again. Theres some guys at the top that are good - but if they're gone by 27 - why reach for need? That is why i'm scratching my head that we brought back Fournett at that price and neglected to fill DL in FA knowing it's not very strong in the draft. could've gotten a Raheem Mostert for cheap and even a Marlon Mack. 

If one of the Georgia DL fall to 27 - heck it works out but we're still down about 1-2 players depth wise. We still need to fill a starter and 2 guys behind them. 

That's how I felt too but you have to look at it in the angle thay we are trying to maximize the this last year with Brady. Having a rookie RB just wasn't super conducive to winning. 

If it were me I'd probably have let Lenny go too. But I guess we'll see how it plays out and see why these guys in the FO get paid the big bucks.

I also get the feeling Davis will be long gone before 27 and Wyatt might be gone too.

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Continue to hear rumors that we're in on the Baker Mayfield watch. Especially given Browns will be covering large portion of his salary.

He's expected to be traded pre draft still. 

It's up to Brady. And I highly doubt he'll want him. Kind of a waste of cap room. And there's lots of other teams that need a decent starting QB. Doesn't make sense for anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

It's up to Brady. And I highly doubt he'll want him. Kind of a waste of cap room. And there's lots of other teams that need a decent starting QB. Doesn't make sense for anyone. 

It would be more about Mayfield being the heir apparent when Brady does retire vs. Anything to do with 2022 season.

I agree though, seems highly unlikely this would materialize. We still got more of our own guys to sign.

25 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I doubt Brady cares. His job isn't in jeopardy and he knows the business. He retired once and the Bucs did research on every single QB that was going to be available bc they didn't really feel comfortable leaving Trask or Gabbart starting lol 

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It would be more about Mayfield being the heir apparent when Brady does retire vs. Anything to do with 2022 season.

I agree though, seems highly unlikely this would materialize. We still got more of our own guys to sign.

I wonder if Brady will re-sign another year, freeing up more cap space, and committing to another year, now that Arians is not the coach. Maybe that was part of the deal as well. That would certainly make ownership and Licht feel better about pushing Arians off of coaching. 

2 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I doubt Brady cares. His job isn't in jeopardy and he knows the business. He retired once and the Bucs did research on every single QB that was going to be available bc they didn't really feel comfortable leaving Trask or Gabbart starting lol 

He cares about cap space. Why is he taking these discounts to help the team out only to sign a high profile QB to be behind him? Even with Cleveland taking some of it, it would still be a chunk that could be used on other players. 

4 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

He cares about cap space. Why is he taking these discounts to help the team out only to sign a high profile QB to be behind him? Even with Cleveland taking some of it, it would still be a chunk that could be used on other players. 

I agree there. I'm stating more so if Baker is cut which is a strong possibility if they can't get a trade worked out. I doubt they can keep him on the roster. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I wouldn't mind finding a way to get Baker on the roster.  Brady is only signed this yr.  They won't franchise him even if they could.  I think if Brady doesn't sign an extension, certainly it is the Bucs best interest to get a jump on a starting QB in '23.  The Bucs are giving him everything he wants on offense.  Paying 3 WRs 10 million or more is unique.  Once Gronk is re signed, offense is set.

I mean if the trade can be structured this way and Baker wants to come, make it happen Licht. 

Edited by ravishingone

11 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Heard he wants to wait until OTAs are over before committing.

My guess has always been he wants to hold out until after offseason workouts are over.

He sent in videos of his workouts during the lockout ahead of time so he could take days off. lol