FA 2022

ravishingone

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If Julio signs, it would be a 1 yr deal, IMO.  Definitely ring chaser contract.  The issue with Mathieu if he gets signed, probably reduces the chances of getting Dean re signed next season.  Obviously, Edwards would be gone.  I believe long term Dean and Winfield will join Davis on multi yr deals.  

If he only wanted one year, I'd guess somebody would've already signed him by now. Could be wrong. But this is probably his last chance at a decent contract. He was cut, so he doesn't factor into comp picks. So even the teams like Baltimore that play that game wouldn't have looked the other way.

The cap is expected to take a big jump next year. And we've been pretty short-sighted in terms of contracts, only going so far as to not completely **** us over for the future. If we could make it work, I don't doubt we'd find a way to at least make Mathieu a reasonable offer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If he only wanted one year, I'd guess somebody would've already signed him by now. Could be wrong. But this is probably his last chance at a decent contract. He was cut, so he doesn't factor into comp picks. So even the teams like Baltimore that play that game wouldn't have looked the other way.

The cap is expected to take a big jump next year. And we've been pretty short-sighted in terms of contracts, only going so far as to not completely **** us over for the future. If we could make it work, I don't doubt we'd find a way to at least make Mathieu a reasonable offer.

Have to believe Mathieu and Jones sign somewhere soon.  UFAs lose a lot of leverage in May.  Bowles and Licht have been involved with drafting really good safeties, feel very confident they could do it again.  Brady has so much leverage in the organization.  Right now, I think Julio is more likely to be signed, but still unlikely.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Have to believe Mathieu and Jones sign somewhere soon.  UFAs lose a lot of leverage in May.  Bowles and Licht have been involved with drafting really good safeties, feel very confident they could do it again.  Brady has so much leverage in the organization.  Right now, I think Julio is more likely to be signed, but still unlikely.

Oh. I don't think either is likely at this point.

But, yeah. They could each be waiting for after the draft. There are gonna be teams that didn't get the WR or safety they wanted in the draft and the next wave of FA will start.

I cannot believe PR still pushing Gabbert to be re-signed.  The team has a cap crunch, so they need to have 3 Qbs on the active roster with Griffen back on the PS, SMH.  The whole fascination with Gabbert and Griffen with this organization, I just do not get.

52 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I cannot believe PR still pushing Gabbert to be re-signed.  The team has a cap crunch, so they need to have 3 Qbs on the active roster with Griffen back on the PS, SMH.  The whole fascination with Gabbert and Griffen with this organization, I just do not get.

He ain't coming back. if TB12 goes down, we're screwed no matter if Gabbert, Trask or Griffen had to fill-in.

Just take the savings of not re-signing Gabbert and use it elsewhere. Griffen won't be on this roster during the season, he'll be on PS like last year. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Appearing on 98.7 Arizona's "Wolf & Luke" show Wednesday, now-retired Bucs coach Bruce Arians admitted he tried to talk Larry Fitzgerald into signing with Tampa Bay last season after Chris Godwin suffered a torn ACL in December.

Patriots fan coming in peace

Came to say the same… 10 years ago, Brady to Fitzgerald would’ve been straight up MAGICAL 😍

Still would’ve loved to see that  connection happen last season, though. Seriously have to wonder what Brady could’ve done with Fitz stepping in, and AB & Godwin out for the count… 🤔

I would argue Fitz would’ve been an upgrade over Cyril Grayson, Tyler Johnson, Breshad Perriman, etc

What do you Tampa Bay loyalists think about it?

Edited by DaPatsKid98